Importing .tcx files (Read 40 times)

Quickadder

I use MapMyRun and export my workouts in .tcx format to be able to import here.

I've noticed in the last few days that I'm getting the message "The Training Center file must be ZIP'ed (compressed) due to its large size. The importer will not accept a plain TCX file."

So far the importer has accepted my plain TCX files, but I am concerned that this might not continue.

Can you confirm that TCX files will continue to be accepted throughout the 2020 game?

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

an amazing likeness

The importer's goal is to have you compress the TCX to a ZIP  to reduce upload file size. The importer will extract the TCX from within the ZIP and import it.  It isn't complaining that your workout file is a TCX, rather that it is coming into the importer uncompressed.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Quickadder

I don't see an option in MapMyRun to export as a ZIP file.

The only imports of ZIP files to RA I see listed are from Polar Pro Trainer, Run Keeper and Runner's World.

Am I missing something?

RichardR

If you have a GarminConnect account, you can import a TCX to GC (after exporting from MapMyRun - unfortunately, MMR does not allow direct export, only import).  And, once it's there, it will sync to RA.

Just trying to be helpful

Quickadder

If you have a GarminConnect account, you can import a TCX to GC (after exporting from MapMyRun - unfortunately, MMR does not allow direct export, only import).  And, once it's there, it will sync to RA.

Just trying to be helpful

Thanks Richard, but I don't have a GarminConnect account.

an amazing likeness

Am I missing something?

Probably more a result of previous replies not specifically stating that you pull the file down from MapMy in TCX, then ZIP it on your PC (in most versions of Windows, this is a right-click option) and upload the resulting ZIP to RA.

Sort of rhetorical question...why not just use RA as your log of record...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.