Paul Ryan Says He’s Run Sub-3:00 Marathon (Read 1924 times)

Feeling the growl again

Okay, I am full of misinterpretations today. I misinterpreted the popcorn icon as expressing something like "I find this entertaining."

But yeah I get it, instability of the signifier, etc.

Entertaining in the way of highway rubbernecking I guess, but I could not find an emoticon for that.  

Perhaps this would have more clearly communicated the sentiment?

Or my whole approach to politics lately...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Why is it sideways?

Yeah, that's the approach I need. Like most everyone, I've already figured out who I am voting for and the main thing is to survive to November without too much drama. So far I had been doing good, and if this is the worst that it gets, I'll be pretty happy.

You're exactly right Jeff.  Maybe this will clear it up.  What I meant to say was...

I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some, uh. . . people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over HERE in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children.

Surely we can all agree on this.

I will admit that I screwed up when I posted that TonyP was spreading lies. He wasn't spreading lies. He was just drawing an equivalence and trying to divert criticism from "his" candidate. I just thought he was spreading lies because when he drew that equivalence he didn't get the name right, and he wrote so carelessly about the incident that it was practically impossible to figure what the heck he was talking about and it seemed to me that his post carried much innuendo about Obama and some collection of New York girlfriends.

I thought that his post was over the bounds of reasonable political discourse, but unfortunately I should have done more research and unpacked the unclear post that he made in order to clearly understand whatever sort of smear he was aiming at Obama. I apologize to all the good willed citizens out there for my misbehavior, and I am glad to afford some entertainment to folks like Spaniel who are always good actors when it comes to politics and other controversial threads. Some day I will learn to just sit and take it get along.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

This thread now reminds me a bit lot of the Armstrong thread. To make the analogy even better, let's say Ryan only lies because everyone else lies, and Ryan is the fastest liar.

MTA:

But this thread is better, because here we have the additional accusation that Democrats get a free pass (if I read the recent posts correctly), and Ryan is being deprived of any such free pass. That kind of accusation, and the responses it draws, are always entertaining.

Someone needs to go over to the Armstrong thread and make some sort of allegation that it is just prejudice against Republicans, or prejudice against Democrats, to give that thread a fighting chance.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean that everyone is not out to get me.

This thread now reminds me a bit lot of the Armstrong thread. To make the analogy even better, let's say Ryan only lies because everyone else lies, and Ryan is the fastest liar.

MTA:

But this thread is better, because here we have the additional accusation that Democrats get a free pass (if I read the recent posts correctly), and Ryan is being deprived of any such free pass. That kind of accusation, and the responses it draws, are always entertaining.

Someone needs to go over to the Armstrong thread and make some sort of allegation that it is just prejudice against Republicans, or prejudice against Democrats, to give that thread a fighting chance.

Purdey

Self anointed title

So do you guys have an election this year? Cool. Are any of the candidates distance runners?

xhristopher

I'm sorry. Palin is faster than Ryan.

Prince of Fatness

Krugman's take on Ryan, as a political Rosie Ruiz.

Wow, seems like he really took a step back and gave an unbiased take on the whole thing.  I'm sold.

Not at it at all. 

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

None of my non-running friends give a crap about Paul Ryan's running history and recent misstep. Among runners it's split between Obama supporters, "tip of the iceberg" and Romney supporters "no big deal".

As my general impression of public knowledge about running is' it's stupid', I doubt this story does anything.  The public is just amazed that any person would run a marathon at all.

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

You'll probably enjoy this objective take on the marathongate issue as well.

Krugman's take on Ryan, as a political Rosie Ruiz.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You'll probably enjoy this objective take on the marathongate issue as well.

Clicked the link, got this:

403 Forbidden

Please stop referer spam.

We have identified that you have been refered here by a known or supposed spammer.

If you feel this is an error, please bypass this message and leave us a comment about the error. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you are actually doing referer spam, please note that this website/b2evolution no longer records and publishes referers. Not even legitimate ones! While we understand it was fun for you guys while it lasted, please understand our servers cannot take the load of all this cumulated spam any longer... Thank you.

Also, please note that comment/trackback submitted URLs will be tagged with rel="nofollow" in order to be ignored by search engines.

I do see it is posted on "http://www.conservativerefocus.com", likely a fairly unbiased source of info, I'd think

L Train

I am not enjoying this.   

Haha! Yes, Trent, about as unbiased as a New York Times opinion article written by this liberal Krugman character.

Clicked the link, got this:

403 Forbidden

Please stop referer spam.

We have identified that you have been refered here by a known or supposed spammer.

If you feel this is an error, please bypass this message and leave us a comment about the error. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you are actually doing referer spam, please note that this website/b2evolution no longer records and publishes referers. Not even legitimate ones! While we understand it was fun for you guys while it lasted, please understand our servers cannot take the load of all this cumulated spam any longer... Thank you.

Also, please note that comment/trackback submitted URLs will be tagged with rel="nofollow" in order to be ignored by search engines.

I do see it is posted on "http://www.conservativerefocus.com", likely a fairly unbiased source of info, I'd think

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Haha! Yes, Trent, about as unbiased as a New York Times opinion article written by this liberal Krugman character.

Well, that character happens to be one of the smartest financial guys around. He even won a little award for it once. But sure he is biased. That does not mean the concerns he has are wrong. Can you address his concerns about Ryan's budget proposals?