New Group Reports Page (Read 206 times)

eric :)

Hi all,

The biggest bottle neck in the system is the group reports page. When you open that page, it tallies all the members' workouts for the specified date range, and then filter them based on various permissions.  When it was first created, I did not anticipate groups with more than a few dozen users.

There are groups in the system with nearly a thousand members.  If you go to one of these groups, the page would take many minutes to generate.  If you include a large date range (months or years), it would take even longer.  Worse still is if several people go to the page at the same time, it may even affect the rest of the website because too much resources are spent in generating the stats.  Many users learned to avoid that page altogether.

I redid the page from scratch, along with all the underlying code.  The new code is much faster when displaying mileage stats.  The load time is equally fast if the time range is a week or 10 years. You can also display stats for bike or swim.  It is not possible to display custom activities because everyone's log is different.

The race page is also redone.  Since it is displaying individual workouts, the search time is still somewhat slow but is within acceptable tolerance.  Most of the columns are now sortable.  You may get some interesting data out depending on how you sort.

Since this page is rewritten from scratch, it is possible that the stats can get out of sync.  Please report any discrepancies you see with your log and the group stats.  Eventually, this code will be used by the summary page so it would also load faster for people with lots of stats widgets.

There is currently one known bug.  Group admins won't be able to see your data if your log is private but you set the group option to allow admins to see your log.  It will be fixed today.

eric Smile

Looks great!   Thanks.

You can call me Anna

Joann Y

Wow, that's pretty cool! Thanks!

HermosaBoy

Just tried to do a custom date range and it displayed all zeros (essentially no data).

Tried using 02/24/2011 to 02/24/2016 for the Chan group I am a part of ...

Is this expected?

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

lldyh

The distance number of many group members is incorrect. The correct distance will be shown only after click the button "displace"

I did notice today that one member of the "Circle North" group's weekly stats are way out of whack. The daily stats are correct.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

BeeRunB

Works fine, Eric. Nice work. 

Thanks Greg for pointing out the problem in your group.  I'll need to look into why it was off.  I believe part of the problem is the users are recording new workouts constantly.  It is nearly impossible to get a snapshot of the data.  I may have to write something to synchronize the data.

Rob and lldyh, I'll need the groups' names to look into the problems.

HermosaBoy

Eric,

I see the same behavior across groups.  Some examples would be:

Chan and Chaska Track and XC

Holy Family Distance Crew

Northstar Running Club

https://www.runningahead.com/groups/BraamBot/stats

Total for Nate seems off.

https://www.runningahead.com/groups/Chaska_Chan/stats

Total for Kyle seems off.

Rob

lldyh

Eric... please check this link

https://www.runningahead.com/groups/running_friends/stats

Hi all,

I've figured out what happened.  When the feature was deployed, I had to update the statistics.  The calculation erroneously included all workouts, including the workouts that were imported but not yet added to the logs, and the workouts that are queued for deletion.  I need to redo the statistics but need to want for quieter hours such as late night during the weekend.

eric Smile

lldyh

Thanks for fixing the bug. Would you mind to change the default sorting by mileage?

Thanks for fixing the bug. Would you mind to change the default sorting by mileage?

Hi lldyh,

If I make the change, inevitably someone else will ask that I change it back to sort by name.  I won't make the change at this time.  If enough people request the change, then I'll consider it.

eric Smile

Ryan Somerfield

While you're messing around with this, can you just add "Current Day" to the default time ranges.

HermosaBoy

Looks like the weekly totals have been fixed.  Smile

Rob