RA Update (Jan 11) (Read 1691 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Edited to add: as for the font, it is definitely *different*. I don't think it is smaller... it appears to be kerned differently (as in, more smashed together). I think this is one of those things that we'll probably adjust to.
    I think that may be what it is that has it seeming smaller, too. I just compared the way pages look in Firefox vs. Safari on Mac and the fonts look the same, FWIW.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

eric :)

I uploaded a fix. Is it working?
      Teresadfp

One day at a time

Working for me! Thanks, Eric.

Flat footer

Im using firefox and I can even read the forum now. The font is so small ana everything is so clumped together. Theres no lines separating anything, so you dont know what is a signature and what is a post... very confusing. I cant really stand reading it like this. I just hope it gets fixed soon so I can use the forum again.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think the font in posts and on the main user group listing page still looks a tad small. I can deal with it, but I have super-freaky mildly farsighted eyesight. I can see where it could be problematic to others.

~ Sarah Kay

Flat footer

heres what it looks like to me... forum

The screen shot you provided showed the fonts to be of the proper size. It's not any smaller than before.

Gumhead, You need to force a reload of the page to bring in the formating. Your computer is using a stale cached file.

Flat footer

No the font in the picture is smaller... Photobucket resized it Roll eyes Ok its much better now. Im not so freaked out.

Flat footer

It looks kinda nice. Much cleaner.... I like it Smile
                        I love it - and love the recent posts thing. Fab job Eric!! Big grin

Former runner

I like the new update. FYI: If you think the new font is a bit small just make it larger in your browser. In Firefox use the 'Ctrl +' key combination to increase the font size. The default is to zoom the whole page, but there is an option to zoom just the text under the 'View -> Zoom -> Zoom Text Only'.

Ross

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I like the new update. FYI: If you think the new font is a bit small just make it larger in your browser. In Firefox use the 'Ctrl +' key combination to increase the font size. The default is to zoom the whole page, but there is an option to zoom just the text under the 'View -> Zoom -> Zoom Text Only'.
                            This can be done in Safari, as well...I would guess other browsers also have this option. Smile

~ Sarah Kay

Gig

I changed the fonts on a whim. I was watching some PBS documentary Thursday night as I was working on optimizing the forum pages. What was it documenting? The history of Helvetica. I was like, that's it! I'm convinced so here we are Tongue
                              Caslon is my favorite, both as a font and for its history. It was just about the only font Ben Franklin used. I may have to dust off some old typeface books after my run tonight.Smile MTA: The forum looks great. So does the training log page.

Lazy idiot

Gumhead, You need to force a reload of the page to bring in the formating. Your computer is using a stale cached file.
                                Man, I thought I was computer literate, but I'm having trouble here. Can someone help me do the above?

Tick tock