Marathon taper crazy (Read 503 times)

Ok... I am totally going crazy. (marathon is next sunday) I ran about 8 today it well I wasn't satisfied. I took a couple days off to heal up from a massage. I am reducing my miles... and well I'm going stir crazy but I know it... I am ultra irritable. Every little ache and pain is amplified and causes paranoid thoughts... until I go WTF and slap myself... I want to run fast I want to run long... but I know I need to rest. I figure I am going to get more and more excited... perhaps thursday will come and I will get calm and pensive. ok... I figure this is probaly a bit normal. Especially for the first one. Any suggestions for the week. One I read online was to try to sleep really well friday night as saturday night will be tough to sleep...

Go Pre!

drugs, lots of 'em. I hate tapering too.
      HermosaBoy

Sounds like a normal taper to me.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

If it makes you feel any better, most of us have gone through the same thing at some point before...

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

The Greatest of All Time

Play some video games? Whenever I need to take my mind off of something and I can't run do it, I fire up the X-box 360 and blow shit up.
            all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.