Treadmill Douche-baggery? (Read 942 times)

TripleBock

My Home TM just keeps going after 99 minutes and 59 seconds it just starts again at 0:00 but keeps you distance and vertical feet stats going.

Which would be really cool if I do workouts longer than 99 minutes and 59 seconds - It sucks being out of shape

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

Feeling the growl again

My Home TM just keeps going after 99 minutes and 59 seconds it just starts again at 0:00 but keeps you distance and vertical feet stats going.

Which would be really cool if I do workouts longer than 99 minutes and 59 seconds - It sucks being out of shape

Mine shuts off at 100 minutes.  Dang near threw me off the first time.  Between than and lack of higher speed quick-change buttons, I should have done my homework prior to purchase.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I don't know what mine does after 99:59, not really sure I want to find out. But I imagine before the winter is over I will.

Dave

I have discovered an alternative, although I'm sure it depends on the brand of treadmill. The 'mills at my gym (some kind of LifeFitness gym model) have a "Speed Interval" button. You can set a "Jog" speed and a "Run" speed and toggle between them with a press of a button. It was a pretty magical day when I discovered that.

Want.

Dave

jpdeaux

I have discovered an alternative, although I'm sure it depends on the brand of treadmill. The 'mills at my gym (some kind of LifeFitness gym model) have a "Speed Interval" button. You can set a "Jog" speed and a "Run" speed and toggle between them with a press of a button. It was a pretty magical day when I discovered that.

Yup. And it gets better. If you kick up the occasional Run interval a few notches, when you then hit the Speed Interval button it still reverts to your original Jog speed, then to your original Run speed. So you don't ruin your preset intervals by going a bit faster or slower on some of them.

OTOH I wish the pee, er, pause button lasted longer than 60 seconds.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

It's my life goal to someday hit something other than the "QuickStart" button on a treadmill.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

A few years ago I checked into the Standard Hotel in LA, which was memorable for lots of bizarre reasons, but mostly because I went to use the hotel's gym and do a few miles on the mill. After I was at it for a while, some skinny little dude (who was probably a semi-famous rocker, he had the look, and it was the Standard circa 2004) comes in, dials up the mill next to me to some pretty fast speed, then hops on, only to be projected into the wall about 2 ft behind the mill. I saw this out of the corner of my eye and heard the resulting splat over my iPod. Apparently, he wasn't satisfied with his first effort as he proceeded to hop on it again and be projected into the wall once again. That made me stop and look. He then slunked out of the gym. That was solid gold.

Wing

Joggaholic

It's my life goal to someday hit something other than the "QuickStart" button on a treadmill.

That's the only mode I use on my TM! If I try to use any of the fancy functions on my TM it will ask for a workout time and count down from there, and I can only put in a max of 99 minutes  But by doing quick start the timer will just count up, and once pasted 99:59, it switches over to HH:MM instead of MM:SS! I was finally happy with my TM when I found that out! (it's not in the manual of course)

That's the only mode I use on my TM! If I try to use any of the fancy functions on my TM it will ask for a workout time.....

And most will ask your weight. Rude!

jeffdonahue

One of the things I hate about the TMs at the gym is that they shut off after an hour.  I then need to restart if I want to go farther than that.

On the other hand, I did use something other than quickstart the other day.  I decided to do the fit test jus to see what it was all about.  It had me going at 4.5mph for about 5 minutes.  It was a weird speed for me.  I could either walk it really fast, or try to jog it really slow.  I ended up doing a mix of both but it was uncomfortable either way.

That's the only mode I use on my TM! If I try to use any of the fancy functions on my TM it will ask for a workout time and count down from there, and I can only put in a max of 99 minutes  But by doing quick start the timer will just count up, and once pasted 99:59, it switches over to HH:MM instead of MM:SS! I was finally happy with my TM when I found that out! (it's not in the manual of course)

The treadmills themselves are douchebags at my gym. At 58 minutes, they abruptly slow to 2.5 mph, and "COOL DOWN" is displayed on the screen. The first time this happened to me....whoa.

I ran into this issue at a hotel once, and when it kicked into COOL Down, it started a new program on the display. Not only was I irritated by the early cool down, but I was VERY irritated when I realized it reset the counter and I wasn't certain where it left off on the milage. I can say the TV show I was watching was facinating though...

Netizen Kane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVBHdmDjmg4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpbDLj6y63A

I think everyone reading this thread falls between these extremes, at least both are using treadmills for their proper purpose….

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Prince of Fatness

I wasted time trying to find Jester's crazy Trex running on a treadmill video to no avail.

Dude it takes a couple of minutes is all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVso_DFTL7k

Not at it at all. 

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Dude it takes a couple of minutes is all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVso_DFTL7k

Ah, good times ...

And a recent upload (Dec 2014) - looks like dude's in for a good bout of thigh chafing (among other things)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lce7X4IdifA

Liz

pace sera, sera