top 25 search phrases (Read 4092 times)

Along for the Ride

I think a midwife is a good idea! They have licensed midwives here in WA that have their own offices etc. Then you will have a little more continuity. Your DH is perfectly right to not want homebirth though. If something happens and you or the baby were in trouble ... sometimes seconds count. And with the c-sections, was Dane in distress? Maybe your OB was younger, less experienced and wanted to err on the side of caution? My friend some years ago was 10 days over the due date. Big baby. She was in "half-assed" labor for 2 days and just didn't have the strength anymore. When they finally did the c-section the big healthy guy was born blue and limp. He ended up in NICU with pneumonia ("choked" on amniotic fluid) which then caused trouble with his heart etc. etc. He ended up being in there for 6 weeks and was on a ventilator, potent heart meds etc. He is fine now, but every milestone was anxiously awaited by his family ... you always think brain damage... And hey *guys plug your ears* you do have a scar - but don't have to deal with urine leaking while running and organs sinking because you're all stretched out from giving birth Wink

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And hey *guys plug your ears* you do have a scar - but don't have to deal with urine leaking while running and organs sinking because you're all stretched out from giving birth Wink
      Wanna make a bet. Wink My bladder is a complete mess. That myth about women having no bladder issues or displaced organs after c-section is just that...a myth. Perhaps if I hadn't been pushing for 2+ hours and had my son fully crowned that would not be the case (I think women who have only had scheduled c-sections and no labor might get off lucky), but I have worse issues with my bladder than quite a few moms I know who have had all vaginal births. I'm considering a uterine-only hyst in the next year or so and I would have bladder suspension surgery done at the same time. My OB claimed that Dane was in some distress...but it still would have been quicker to suction or forceps a crowned baby than take the 20 minutes to set up the OR. He was in his 40s and has already quit the business. I can't help but wonder if he ended up sued or finally realized that he wasn't in the right line of work. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Along for the Ride

Bummer ... you ended up with the worst of both worlds. Sad Here in WA we actually now have centers for urinary incontinence. That's all they deal with. There are some very cool "sling procedures" out there that could be outpatient. This is excluding a hysterectomy. http://www.gynecare.com/bgdisplay.jhtml?itemname=tvt_about This is the one that one doctor I worked with swears by. And there is definitely good and bad OB's ... some are also not as "able" as in the old days. I've heard of old midwives that were able to turn breech-babys in utero before labor! We should probably have our own "women's issues tread" Big grin

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And there is definitely good and bad OB's ... some are also not as "able" as in the old days. I've heard of old midwives that were able to turn breech-babys in utero before labor! We should probably have our own "women's issues tread" Big grin
          Heh, we have a whole board for our women's issues, LOL! Big grin I was breech...came out ass-first. Pretty much the way I've gone through life. Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

Along for the Ride

I was breech...came out ass-first. Pretty much the way I've gone through life. Wink k
            Oh, you are so funny! I have to check my mom - I must have been breech too then ... Black eye

madness baby

I was breech...came out ass-first. Pretty much the way I've gone through life.
              Dude, that is funny. I think this thread wins the hijacking award. Wink
              deb
              jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I think this thread wins the hijacking award. Wink
                Yeah, gotta agree with you there. Zoomie's threadjacking prowess is formidable, but she really outdid herself here. This is like the shock and awe of threadjacks. Clowning around

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, gotta agree with you there. Zoomie's threadjacking prowess is formidable, but she really outdid herself here. This is like the shock and awe of threadjacks. Clowning around
                  Heh...I have skillz! Maybe if I'd been a footling breech I'd run faster. Wonder about that. Those feet first babies might be on to something.... Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Marquess of Utopia

I would like to move the discussion back to # 17 boobie horn Big grin.... I wonder how many Scrubs fans log their runs on this site?... (Tilts head) and day dreams about the possibility of the janitor recording his runs on running ahead. And some day he will be able to out run JD on his scooter.

Bugs

Marathon Pee must have been looking for Ultima Replensher.

Bugs

Just Be

Funny, Eric. My top 25 search terms are more specific to running, but I bet that's because I don't run a forum off of my site. All the users' diversity in their posts adds an entirely new dynamic for the webcrawling bots to eat up! Big grin
                        Wingz

Professional Noob

Eric - curious here as to how the top 25 are looking now... Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

eric :)

Eric - curious here as to how the top 25 are looking now... Big grin
                            There's nothing exciting these days. The only thing that stood out was that hospital/ice cream diet.

The King of Beasts

Marathon Pee must have been looking for Ultima Replensher.

is that why it tasted funny ?

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Good one. I use the same tools on some websites but only very rarely look at what search terms people used (I'd probably be more concerned if I was selling something). 99% of them are obvious but, like Eric discovered, 1% are just downright weird (where on earth did I mention that, and wait, why would anyone even search on that?)

I use blogs when I teach. I post all sorts of stuff that is relevant, and sometime just barely relevant, to the class. Without googling my details (I'm not that hard to find) see if you can guess the subject of the class people found the blog for using these search terms (I think there's enough clues here).

• cholera stuffed animal          (yes you can get cuddly cholera microbes)
                              • morticia addams nail varnish           (someone needed to know)
                              • scrofula humor             (a very limited set of websites, I guess I qualify)
                              • sports drinks             (not just used for sports...)
                              •  

Probably deserving of a separate thread is 'Dumb search terms you've personally used'. I sometimes teach introductory genetics and when you do that you kind of get very used to the word sex. It doesn't come with neon flashing lights and triple x's. It's just a word to describe gender and a means of reproduction. When I prepare lectures I try to anticpate questions students will ask. In one class I use an example of male-pattern baldness which, to cut a long story short, acts as dominant trait in men but a recessive trait in women. I realized I didn't actually know the mechanism behind this (it acts like a sex-linked trait but it isn't on the sex chromosomes) and wondered whether there was some quick general information on dominance traits and sex. So, yup, you guessed it, I googled sex and dominance. At least it wasn't an image search.....

John

Goal: Age grade over 80% on a certified course.