Spam subject lines (Read 2073 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

"Solagah Beatrice has invited you to join JewishConnection"

ummm, OK.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

Not a headline...

For several years, I get pretty regular spam from an entity called "Free Sandwich".  It is always encouraging me to click on links that purport to be offers of things like this week's 20 free footlongs! From Subway!

Free Sandwich cracks me up, even after a few years.  I kind of look forward to this mail.

And yes: it is a spam sandwich.

dennrunner

Too much time in Hawaii, SRL?

Hello,

I am SGT Tom Kennedy, with the US Army stationed in Iraq, we have $20 Million
          USD in our possession and we want to move it out of the country, your share
          in this deal is 8 Million USD for assistance rendered.

This transaction is legal and 100% risk free, please respond for complete
          information.

Your in service.
          SGT Tom Kennedy.

Wow, it's from a serviceman, it must be legit!!

An update on Sgt. Tom Kennedy- you will be pleased to know he is now on an aircraft carrier in the gulf so cannot come by my house in person to pick up the sports car I am advertising for sale, but he will send his agent to pick the car up if I will give him my bank account information so ha can transfer funds to my account.

Must be one of those army-navy type guys!

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

beat

Break on through

I received that one too!  I almost believed it, because it appeared to be sent by someone I sort of know - but not really - a runner in the area, in fact.  I sent a response asking why he would ask me, who hardly knows him, and he just sent back some sort of generic response about how desperate he was...

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Just got this.  It has some fancy links for me to click.

You've Received ''100-1000USD''CashDeposited.