Mapped runs no longer automatically showing distance (Read 686 times)

Hi all one question re the upgrade/new log (as the problem only seems to have occured since then) - when i create a new course the distance is saved and when i view courses it lists the distances, all good. except when i go into 'new run entry' and click on the new run course, the distance does not come up. for any old runs the distance automatically appears. is this something because of the new log or am i just going crazy? Hank

Just running for the fun of it!

eric :)

That's odd. I swore I fixed this. Maybe I haven't uploaded the fix yet? I'll look into this.
        Thanks Eric, i just tried again but no luck. I mean in reality I can just enter the distance but it seems a bit odd as any old runs created before the upgrade still automatically enter the distance but since the upgrade no joy. But seriously though, this is the best running site on the web - you're a star eric!

Think Whirled Peas

Actually, I'm noticing that if I run the same route on consecutive days, when I go to log the second run the mileage is not auto-populating. I select a different route from the dropdown and then switch back to the original and it drops in the default distance though. Clearly, not a big deal, but thought it might be worth mentioning. MTA: IE 7

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

This was indeed a problem. I have fixed it and will upload the change by the end of this weekend.

Think Whirled Peas

Hi Eric, I just checked this after the updates were applied, and the problem has morphed a bit. Now, the last mileage entered appears, as opposed to the default distance for the route. Also, changing the route does not change the mileage. Sorry to be a pest 'bout it! I love the new font, btw. Q

Eric you are a superstar! Data all seems to be working now. The new system is great, the look and feel is very clean - same goes for the forums as well, very fresh Hank

icemanrunner

Hi Eric, I just checked this after the updates were applied, and the problem has morphed a bit. Now, the last mileage entered appears, as opposed to the default distance for the route. Also, changing the route does not change the mileage.
                  Just wanted to let you know that it seems the above is still happening. I am sorry to be pressuring you if you are still working on it I know it is not a huge problem just an inconvenience.

If I die, do I have to go to Practice?

Hi Eric, I just checked this after the updates were applied, and the problem has morphed a bit. Now, the last mileage entered appears, as opposed to the default distance for the route. Also, changing the route does not change the mileage. Sorry to be a pest 'bout it! I love the new font, btw. Q
                    It's hard to decide what to display in the distance field. Should it be the last distance you ran on that route, or its default distance? I can see arguments for both. The changing of routes do not change the distance was to fix an under desired behavior of user entered distance being overwritten when you change routes. In this case, the script thinks you're editing your workout. I'll have to look into disabling it when you're creating a new entry.
                    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Default distance. Not the last distance. Hands down. If suddenly I am running regularly at a different distance, I should change the default distance on the map. AND this is how RA used to behave.

Think Whirled Peas

Default distance. Not the last distance. Hands down. If suddenly I am running regularly at a different distance, I should change the default distance on the map. AND this is how RA used to behave.
                        Hi Eric, I agree with Trent, pains me though it does to say that Smile.

not sure if this is the same thing or not, but now when i go to run entry, and try to change the selected course, the distance stays the same as the previous course. thanks for all your help though eric Hank

I am seeing this as well. It's just showing the distance of the last run entered. Very annoying. Cry

I just uploaded a fix. The distance will be the course's default distance. The distance will change with the course as well.

Think Whirled Peas

Just checked it. Works perfect. THANK YOU ERIC!!!! Smile