Batch Updating (Read 708 times)

This feature might be in the next log revamp already, not sure. I would like the ability to update "batches" of runs. For example, I know that every Tuesday and Thursday run will be on "Course A". However, I didn't understand the importance of logging my runs was back in 2004/2005 so I only have time and distance in the log. Another example would be course name changes...I run at my school since I'm on my XC team there and we have a variety of courses on the campus that we run. This year we started a new course this year and I couldn't think of what to call it so I just named that course "Grass". Well now I've decided that it should be called "High School Field" and I'll have to individually update about 10 runs with this new course. Final example is that I call every Tuesday run "SPPM". But I forgot to change those runs to SPPM years ago and they end up being called Easy. I was thinking that this could be an extension of the search feature. You could search for say, All runs on tuesday and thursday" Find them...and change the course on all of them at the same time. Hopefully the above is understandable...ask questions if clarity is needed. Thanks Eric...Running Ahead has many more features than Coolrunning and I'm glad I made the move.
    Wingz

Professional Noob

Welcome! I came over to RA from Coolrunning too, last year. This site is MUCH better. Big grin You can change all the runs you did on a particular course. All you have to do is change the course name and all your runs will be automatically changed. Here's how you do it: From the Training Log tab, click on Courses on the left side of the screen. A list of all your courses pops up. Find the course you want to change and click on the Edit course icon that looks like a pencil. When the course pops up, change the title and hit Save. That's it! Cool

Roads were made for journeys...

eric :)

Hi Paavoman, As Janell pointed out, the site can already do some of what you wanted. For the ones that it can't do, I'll consider them when I revamp the log. eric Smile
          Oh....well that's useful! Thanks for the help
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Eric, can we download our log, make a batch change in Excel or via find & replace, and then reupload?