Compression Socks or compression leggings for women (Read 30 times)

cstchr

I have been running consistently for 8 months and I run every day around 9 km (aiming to daily 10k). my typical week would be 3/4 days 9k, 1/2 days 11-12 k, 1/2 days 5-7 k, 1 day rest . my schedule depends mostly on how much traffic I encounter and pollution I can manage to breath, and if my Afghan hound is in the mood for hunting squirrels, which can be quite disruptive.

for I guess genetic reasons, I have varicose veins. they are still in early stages, I always had  visible veins in my thighs (even when I was 15 and a swimmer), but this year (I am 28) I saw an increase of bluish veins surfacing not only in my thighs but also in my calves, which started to freak me out a little bit. I am not concerned with the aesthetic side of it, but with the possible health repercussions (tingling, swelling...). I only experienced some tingling if I stand for too long without moving, and swelling in very hot days sat in the hottest spot in the office (I guess it is quite normal to happen?).

so, my question is: should I invest in good compression socks or leggings for the amount of running I do? considering I am not that professional, and I am not able to spend a lot on gear (apart from bra and shoes), what would you suggest?

Thanks Smile