DUDES only RUN (Read 551 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

I'm a guy and if women don't want me in a certain race then I really don't want to be there either. It's not like I won't be able to find another race that day or a few weekends before or after.

I understand the initial question - it seems like we are fighting segregation with segregation, but it really isn't, because there are a plethora of other events to run in.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Hip Redux

My first HM race was a women-only event and I ran with a man.  Smile  They did not forbid men from participating, they only strongly suggested men not actively compete - pacers, running buddies etc. were fine.  In fact,  the top 3-4 women in the race were all joined by a man.

The reality is that most men probably didn't want to sign up for a women-specific event.   Though I did enjoy the look on my running friend's face when he opened up his swag bag to find tampons.

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

I wish this was all I had to worry about.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

pedaling fool

First they wanted to be inclusive now they want to be exclusive. That's  just par for the course WRT to women, can't make up their mindShocked

No more marathons

Really?  This bothers some of you?  I suppose you also want to hop in the kiddie races?

A friend of mine belongs to a knitting group - don't think there are any men in it, but maybe if I put in a good word I can get some of the threatened males in.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Folks have alluded to women going the line for a change, but I recall from a discussion about pacers that for some recordkeeping organizations, women's times from mixed events are ineligible.  That would be a quite practical reason for women's only events.

Though I prefer the separate start times, especially for shorter races.  Increases opportunities for parents of young children to participate.

Big girls don't cry.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

#artbydmcbride

Big girls don't cry.

Are you calling me fat?  Angry

Runners run

xhristopher

so we don't have to worry about this again in the future??

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/athletics/8778319/Paula-Radcliffes-world-record-set-at-2003-London-Marathon-no-longer-valid.html

I thought they reversed that decision because it was a really stupid decision.

they did...but think of all the effort she had to put into getting that done...

and if it can happen once so randomly, it can most definitely happen again.

CT JEFF

they did...but think of all the effort she had to put into getting that done...

and if it can happen once so randomly, it can most definitely happen again.

im pretty sure these Diva 5ks arent concerned about a valid world record at their event.

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

I've been at plenty of sanctioned women's only races...you never know when someone's going to pull a great time out of the hat. And a lot of young runners start at these events...might as well have something in place at the recreational level so they don't have to deal with it at the international level.

anyway, if it bothers you, why don't you put together a dude's only run?

Are you calling me fat?  Angry

Never.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

#artbydmcbride

Otay  Smile

Runners run