PLEASE! : Post Your Top 10 Songs On Your Running Playlist! All Genres Welcome! (Read 3573 times)

Never mind, it seems the thread derailed. Wink

Re-rail it. Please.

don't mention 'rails' when Red Bird's around.

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

Joann Y

don't mention 'rails' when Red Bird's around.

gah, damn it.

bap

Some more to consider

Blur - Song 2

Linkin Park - Blackout

AK4711 - Rock

Chumbawumba - Tub Thumping

The Prototypes - Kaleidoscope

Fatboy Slim - The Rockafeller

Metric - Gold Guns Girls

Adiam Dymott -- Miss You
        Afrobots -- Favela Rock

The Answering Machine - It's Over, It's Over

Auletta -- Meine Stadt

Boman Estereo - Fuego

Buraka Som Sistema feat. Pongolove -- Kalemba (Wegue - Wegue)

Children Collide - Skeleton Dance

Crookers feat. The Very Best, Two Fingers, and Marina Gasolina -- Birthday Bash

Cut off Your Hands - Happy as Can Be

Datarock - Give it Up

The Enemy - Be Somebody

Major Lazer feat. Mr. Lexx and Santigold -- Hold the Line

Pint Shot Riot - Not Thinking Straight

The Temper Trap - Science of Fear

Tommy Sparks - She Got Me Dancing

Certified Running Coach
        Crocked since 2013

Julia1971

I need to go through this list.  I haven't bought new music in a LONG time.  New favorites since March:

Pompeii - Bastille

Come With Me Now - KONGOS

Girls Chase Boys - Ingrid Michaelson

And, I finally succumbed...

I Knew You Were Trouble - Taylor Swift

apparently I'm a little behind the times, but I've just discovered podcasts.  During my 1st 100 miler my brain became so obsessed with the finish line that all I could do was focus on every word of every song on my mp3 player and then I realized that most of my favorite 90's rock was about suicide!  I found "stuff you should know" (or similar) and it's a couple of guys talking about history and general education in a way that's memorable, captures your attention, and is not boring.  I'm hooked now.  I was bummed yesterday that my run was ending because I didn't get to hear the end of their segment.

Julia1971

apparently I'm a little behind the times, but I've just discovered podcasts.  During my 1st 100 miler my brain became so obsessed with the finish line that all I could do was focus on every word of every song on my mp3 player and then I realized that most of my favorite 90's rock was about suicide!  I found "stuff you should know" (or similar) and it's a couple of guys talking about history and general education in a way that's memorable, captures your attention, and is not boring.  I'm hooked now.  I was bummed yesterday that my run was ending because I didn't get to hear the end of their segment.

There are runs where I don't want music for the entire 2-3 hours and choose podcasts instead.  This American Life if definitely my favorite.  It's funny because there are some episodes I liked so much that I've listened to them again and I've had "total recall" of the run when I listened to it the first time.  One of my favorite examples.

Edited to add: I see your user name and am adding another example that came to mind from a run.  (See Act 2).

apparently I'm a little behind the times, but I've just discovered podcasts.  During my 1st 100 miler my brain became so obsessed with the finish line that all I could do was focus on every word of every song on my mp3 player and then I realized that most of my favorite 90's rock was about suicide!

Sounds cool though  what was it?

Julia1971

Five favorites since last September...

Ho Hey - The Lumineers

Take Me to Church - Hozier

This Is My Wish - Kevin Ross (The Holidays are over but I've been keeping it around.)

Chandelier - Sia

Where Is the Love - Josh Vietti

Joann Y

Five favorites since last September...

Ho Hey - The Lumineers

Take Me to Church - Hozier

This Is My Wish - Kevin Ross (The Holidays are over but I've been keeping it around.)

Chandelier - Sia

Where Is the Love - Josh Vietti

Been liking The Lumineers as well. Good stuff. :-)

Julia1971

Been liking The Lumineers as well. Good stuff. :-)

I actually hated that song before I actually purchased it...  I'm that way with a lot of popular music.  I hate it when I hear it in snippets on the t.v. but when I actually listen to it all the way through, really like it.

Mpls Laker

Northstar Running