Nice Running Book About Blind Marathoner (Read 56 times)

L.Chang

I just spent the day reading this book (I allow myself that on a Saturday : ). I liked it and wanted to share it with those of you who want to get a bit of spark back. It's a story about a blind marathoner who trains for her first marathon after getting diagnosed with Retinitis Pigmentosa. From the looks of it, it's not actually a training guide for a marathon (though she has some useful tips), but it's just plain nice to read.

Oh, I should mention that I didn't pay for it--I found it this morning while looking through Amazon's free Kindle book selection. It'll probably be free for the next couple of days: http://www.amazon.com/Running-Blind-Journey-Training-Marathon/dp/0557473764/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1393114191&sr=8-1&keywords=running+blind+the+journey+of+a+blind+runner+training+for+her+first+marathon.

In case the link can't be posted, it's titled Running Blind: The Journey of a Blind Runner Training for Her First Marathon, by Rhonda Copeland. Enjoy!

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

I've shared the trails in an ultra with Rhonda (the author and runner) ... No idea she was writing a book. Very cool!

Liz

pace sera, sera

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Thanks, It's on my Kindle now.  I'm looking forward to reading it.

L.Chang

I've shared the trails in an ultra with Rhonda (the author and runner) ... No idea she was writing a book. Very cool!

No way! That's super awesome. She sounds like a funny and nice person. I just loved reading her book--the narrative sounds authentic.

L.Chang

Thanks, It's on my Kindle now.  I'm looking forward to reading it.

Tell me how you like it once you get around to it. I happen to be a real addict of inspirational books.