RA Anniversary-When did you join (Read 294 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Happy 11 year RA anniversary to me! WOW, how time does fly. My first Donation was in 2009. This the 1st run I logged.

1/1/2008

<label>Date</label>

11:00 AM

<label>Time</label>

5.5 mi

<label>Distance</label>

1:30:00

<label>Duration</label>

16:22 mi

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

All About that Pace 2024

Nice!  Aug 2, 2009.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Well, I back logged a few runs, so I'm not positive when I started here, but my first log entry is November 2008.  My first donation was April 2010.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

First logged run...May 8, 2006. I still feel like a noob.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Christrickery

August 11, 2009

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

September 2012

i  am not sure about the day

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

mikeymike

Like zoom, I'm an RA OG. I joined in Q1 or Q2 of 2006. I knew Eric Smile from my running club at the time. He was good enough to import my log going back to 2002 so my RA log pre-dates the existence of RA.

I've had a couple of quiet periods of little posting, mostly when I wasn't running much but my log is intact, and I survived the Coolrunning invasion of 2007 and all of the subsequent RWOL invasions. I still have a public log and profile and don't put my PR's in my signature field. WHAT NOW, BITCHES??

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Like zoom, I'm an RA OG. I joined in Q1 or Q2 of 2006.

When did RA officially go-live? I was thinking it had been around for a while before I stumbled-upon it while googling "online running log" maybe 6-7 weeks into C25k. I think there were maybe only 20 members, when I joined (or, at least only that many actively in the GSP). I wonder how many of us originals are still active.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Prince of Fatness

Coolrunning invasion of 2007 

I wasn't exactly sure when this was but that is when I came on board here.  My log actually goes back to 2005 as I was using SportTracks before coming here and Eric was kind enough to import that data into my RA log.  Hard to believe that it's been almost 12 years.

Not at it at all. 

Joann Y

2012 ish. I was using the RW log for a month or two and then they were shutting it down and I was happy to see that the log RW was using was actually the RA log so I transferred the runs over. Having an online log was what it finally took to get me from 2-4 mile runs 2-4 times a week to an idiot like the rest of you. It took me a year or two to figure wth forums were and why one would want to participate in them.

MTA: Anywho, I consider my RA anniversary and "starting to be a runner" anniversary to be June 16 2012.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

My first log entry is 5/17/2010.

delicate flower

Late 2012, when RW's spam invasion got out of control and beyond repair.  I was part of that mass exodus to RA, which at the time seem to piss off a lot of the old regulars here.

<3

Late 2012, when RW's spam invasion got out of control and beyond repair.  I was part of that mass exodus to RA, which at the time seem to piss off a lot of the old regulars here.

Same here. Although I had only just joined RW, so I don't really have any of that history, and all the turmoil here associated with the invasion was kind of lost on me.

Dave

jeffdonahue

12/31/2007

At the time I had hired an online running coach and he was using RA as his place for his runners to log their workouts so he could check them weekly.  Incidentally, 12/31/2007 - also the day I started my run streak.

L Train

I wasn't exactly sure when this was but that is when I came on board here. 

Me too.