2020 Boston Marathon Thread (Read 408 times)

100 days to go!!

Up yours BABS!!

Runners run

delicate flower

Up yours BABS!!

I wore my long sleeve Boston shirt on my run this morning.  I must've looked like a total prick.

<3

I wore my long sleeve Boston shirt on my run this morning.  I must've looked like a total prick.

Long sleeve? On this fine spring January day?

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
        We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Yes but he had the windows down on his Hummer and he was cranking Pantera on his way to Starbucks after his run so it's all good.

Runners run

delicate flower

Long sleeves definitely not needed.

<3

Running Problem

Problem Child

Yes but he had the windows down on his Hummer and he was cranking Pantera on his way to Starbucks after his run so it's all good.

Out here it would be Dutch Brothers. Oh and it was 39 degrees with a 2 mph wind. Tomorrow is 25 mph with gusts to 40mph at lunch. I'll be in a long sleeve. Maybe a jacket.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

flyrunnr

11 Weeks to go until Marathon Monday! I just may get tattoos of all my Boston medals on my body as part of my mid-life crisis treatment plan. Then I don't have to worry about getting stains on my Sweet Jacket.

https://www.strava.com/athletes/2507437

PR's - 5K - 17:57 (2017) | 10K - 38:06 (2016)  | 13.1 1:23:55 (2019)  | 26.2  2:58:46 (2017)

2020 Goals - Sub-2:55 Marathon                       Up Next: TBD, Boston on 9/14?

Running Problem

Problem Child

11 Weeks to go until Marathon Monday! I just may get tattoos of all my Boston medals on my body as part of my mid-life crisis treatment plan. Then I don't have to worry about getting stains on my Sweet Jacket.

I'd LOVE to see this. Would you do a chest piece, between the shoulders on the back, down your leg(s), or on your forarms? Maybe do it in an arch above your stomach like Tupac shakur had THUG LIFE tattooed.

Also, how long do you plan on living if you're having a MID-life crisis NOW?

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

Linny12

Is anyone thinking about registering for a backup marathon in case Boston is cancelled for coronavirus? I think it is too soon to say if it will be or not, but the local race I would do instead is getting close to capacity, so I would likely need to decide soon. Thoughts?

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Is anyone thinking about registering for a backup marathon in case Boston is cancelled for coronavirus? I think it is too soon to say if it will be or not, but the local race I would do instead is getting close to capacity, so I would likely need to decide soon. Thoughts?

I just posted this same thought over in the 2020 marathon thread. I think it's a decent probability of happening, although obviously how it spreads over the next few weeks will determine it. Here's your best link for finding alternatives in the month of April:

https://findmymarathon.com/calendar-month.php?month=April

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

I had a little come to Jesus meeting with myself yesterday and decided to quit marathon training, most likely for good. So if I show up and Boston it will be a shaking hands, kissing babies fun run and I'll definitely accept a beer or two in the Newton hills.

Good luck to everyone still going for it. I hope it's not cancelled (and I don't think it will be.)

Runners run

Running Problem

Problem Child

Do you think the medals or jackets from 2020 will be more valuable if the race is canceled? Kind of like the ones from the bombing since there were so few handed out.

Also, would they just tell everyone who qualified "sorry we canceled the race and you have already made plans to come here."

Would they stick by their rule the deferments aren't allowed(Section 3.07), Entry fees are non-refundable (Section 3.05), and the fact the only reason it's been "canceled" was due to World War One? I don't think Corona Virus is bigger than World War One.

VDOT 53.37 

delicate flower

I'll be running New Jersey that following weekend if Boston is cancelled.  I won't sign up for it though unless an official Boston announcement is made.

<3

Do you think the medals or jackets from 2020 will be more valuable if the race is canceled? Kind of like the ones from the bombing since there were so few handed out.

Also, would they just tell everyone who qualified "sorry we canceled the race and you have already made plans to come here."

Would they stick by their rule the deferments aren't allowed(Section 3.07), Entry fees are non-refundable (Section 3.05), and the fact the only reason it's been "canceled" was due to World War One? I don't think Corona Virus is bigger than World War One.

Yes, I assume, with no refunds. (Although I wouldn’t expect a “sorry”.)  That’s what they did for Tokyo. Tokyo allowed anyone to defer to 2021, with another registration fee. Isn’t that what Boston did for the people who couldn’t finish the year of the bombing? Most people I know who planned to go to Tokyo were able to cancel hotels, with mixed results on flights. Although some still made the trip, for funzies.

Dave

I'll be running New Jersey that following weekend if Boston is cancelled.  I won't sign up for it though unless an official Boston announcement is made.

I’m not doing Boston but I imagine I’d do this and hope things don’t fill up. Here out west, one that would likely reap the benefits is Eugene a week later. Which is a good race anyway.

Dave