2020 Boston Marathon Thread (Read 408 times)

Huh. I went from not qualifying for 2020, to BQ-12:44 for 2021. Running one race and getting old made all the difference. I won’t be applying though. For October, still too much uncertainty for me to be thinking about all the planning involved in that kind of trip.

Dave

Running Problem

Problem Child

It's about $400 for a plane ticket across the country for me, and I'm sure any room I rent off a popular website will be canceled. I found a room for $105/night if I didn't expect the host to cancel it as soon as they find out the race is on so they can charge $300/night. Maybe by October quarantine will be reduced by the CDC to just three days with outside exercise exempt from quarantine requirements. fingers crossed. I just don't see it happening and I want it to happen.

EDIT: Boston is about to go to Phase 3 level open. Museums, gyms, aquariums can open to 25%. So it's possible 12,500 people get to run the marathon. In waves. Wearing a mask. Keeping themselves 6 feet apart from each other. After a negative test and signing a waiver saying if you get COVID 19 it isn't because you ran the Boston Marathon. Maybe the race needs to be a three or four day event to get the 50,000 participants in the race.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22