2020 Boston Marathon Thread (Read 408 times)

delicate flower

It looks like rejection e-mails have gone out but not acceptance ones.

<3

mattw4jc

And they even increased the field size by 1500.

https://www.baa.org/2020-boston-marathon-qualifier-acceptances-announced

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

Well, this squeaker is out. 1:39 cut-off this year, for those who haven't seen.

ETA: Beat like a rented mule on posting this.

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races:

Running Problem

Problem Child

6:59.5/mi pace for those aiming for a 3:05 BQ.

I was aiming for a 7:00/mi (3:03:32) in April.

I'd be so emotional right now if I'd "qualified" in april, but at least the race is 80% qualifiers.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Julia1971

Was asked this question and couldn't find this online...  Does Boston (currently) guarantee entry for runners who have run a certain number of Boston Marathons?  I think for New York it's something like 15 previous NYCMs and you're in.

From the Internet.

Was asked this question and couldn't find this online...  Does Boston (currently) guarantee entry for runners who have run a certain number of Boston Marathons?  I think for New York it's something like 15 previous NYCMs and you're in.

Yup, 10 consecutive years. Still have to hit the standard and register with everyone else but not subject to the cutoff.

Yup, 10 consecutive years. Still have to hit the standard and register with everyone else but not subject to the cutoff.

And last year I walked to the corrals with a guy who was running his 25th straight. He said all he had to do was finish within the time cutoff for the race (6:00), and he’s in for next year.

Dave

delicate flower

They get to register early too.  This year it was Aug 26.

<3

Julia1971

Thanks!  The consecutive part is tricky.  Hard to string together 10 years without injury or other things to do.

Julia1971

And last year I walked to the corrals with a guy who was running his 25th straight. He said all he had to do was finish within the time cutoff for the race (6:00), and he’s in for next year.

Wow.  That's amazing.

Julia1971

Looks like the jacket is out just in time for Christmas:

Women's

Men's

I like it.  Very patriotic.

Running Problem

Problem Child

Wow it's even priced nicely. $66 right now. I'd buy it if I was in.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

RunnerJones

Will Run for Donuts!

Wow it's even priced nicely. $66 right now. I'd buy it if I was in.

Must've been a one-day price - it's showing as $110 for me.  Still, it's so very tempting . . .

Must've been a one-day price - it's showing as $110 for me.  Still, it's so very tempting . . .

Sorry you missed the discount, but if you are going to Boston for the first time, just buy it.

Dave

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

how do people here feel about buying the jacket before running the race? I'm registered for April 2020 but feel like I shouldn't have/wear the jacket unless I run the race. I was registered for 2019 but, due to injury, didn't run.  I would feel weird to have the jacket without running the race...