Pacing for NYC Half Marathon (Read 92 times)

Nasreddin Hoja

Nothing like a dynamic start to set the pace.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

It was also his debut Half Marathon.  Very impressive performance and another promising star for American runners.  In 2015, he won the UAE Healthy Kidney 10K in Central Park, beating notable elite runners, a couple who were also NYC marathon winners, IIRC.  I was only way way behind.   Pretty cool he ran at the same school as your kids!

The high school was ranked the best XC team in Maine the first decade of this century. My kid was ranked the third best runner for the team during that period. (OK, sorry, have to brag on him.)  Ben was #1, of course.  Smile

ultramarathon/triathlete

That's pretty awesome about your school, your kid and Ben True.  I hope one day my kids are stellar XC runners.  Had my twins in their first race last summer (they were 4.5 years old).  My daughter won, my son right on her heels.  She'll never let him live that one down.  Crazy how big a confidence booster that race continues to be for her and she's only 5 but talks about it whenever we're running.  This could be a good sign 

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
        Gatorade Endurance Team

Teresadfp

One day at a time

That's pretty awesome about your school, your kid and Ben True.  I hope one day my kids are stellar XC runners.  Had my twins in their first race last summer (they were 4.5 years old).  My daughter won, my son right on her heels.  She'll never let him live that one down.  Crazy how big a confidence booster that race continues to be for her and she's only 5 but talks about it whenever we're running.  This could be a good sign 

Very cool!  Not being a runner in school, I was not familiar with XC or track.  What a wonderful sport for kids!  In one high school XC race, my oldest came in first and my middle kid came in last, literally!  And people cheered just as loudly for my middle one as for my oldest.  I miss having going to the races!  Have fun with your kids!