Yak Trax (Read 796 times)

Buffalo Gal Rides Again

Are they as advertised? Received some for Christmas. Wanna try 'em...
    March: Irish Jig 5K (DONE), Kent City Ridge Run 5K (DONE) April: Iron Girl 5K (DONE), Kentucky Derby Half May: 5/3 (10K) July: Cherry Festival 15K August: Chicago Rock N Roll Half, Crim Festival of Races (10 miler) October: Grand Rapids Marathon (Half-Hometown Gig)

De-slacking in progress

Yak Trax Pro- yup- love mine- work great- numerous threads on this here at RA

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

used mine today for the first time in 2 years. Can't believe I haven't used them earlier! Great on snow and ice... awkward and loud on asphalt, so make sure you're going to be running on ice or snow! BTW, I haven't used them earlier because where I run 1/2 the pathways are cleared and the other 1/2 aren't. Now I'm just gonna stick to the uncleared pathways. After 2 months of treadmill slogging it's nice to be outside again!

I haven't used Yak Trax, but I hear they are pretty good. I am pretty happy with my screw shoes, though. Big grin

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

I bought some in early fall, and we haven't had enough snow/ice for me to try them out. Usually by now in my part of Tx, we've had several decent snows, but not this year. Undecided

jules2

I bought some in early fall, and we haven't had enough snow/ice for me to try them out. Usually by now in my part of Tx, we've had several decent snows, but not this year. Undecided
              I wondered where all our snow came from, we haven't had any for years but we've had loads recently with more to come.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

seeEricaRun

Awesome

We've got your snow in Mass. Come up and get it anytime. Love the Yak Trax, but be really careful if you have to run on brick (lots of it here) or wood - they're the Yak Trax version of ice. Not convinced that screws aren't a little superior - cheaper, and less difficult on alternative surfaces (they sure are loud though).
                  We've got your snow in Mass. Come up and get it anytime. .
                  The thing is, I don't even like snow much--I just wanted to try out the Yak Trax.
                    I second Sparky. Use them on snow and ice. I used to have some and I had to run on asphalt at some points in my runs. They wear out quickly on asphalt and the coils break into smaller coils. It's not a problem until the broken coils on your right foot meet the coils on your left foot mid air. It happened to me once crossing a busy intersection and I went flying forward head first onto the pavement. I was lucky that traffic was stopped at the light. I haven't worn them since. Just watch for broken coils on the edges. - R