What happens after you die? (Read 1094 times)

Whatever this says.
    2009: BQ?

CO Christian

One minute you say we are always in the Creator's presence, that he doesn't go off somewhere, and the next you say He stops... goes off somewhere, and starts back up again with my thoughts. Not sure that makes any sense. So, what if I hit my head on the table I created and only I can see? Will anyone else see the bruise? Not trying to be condesending, just can't beleive you're serious. Hey, I'm no theologian, I just know that scientific proof is no proof at all. Scientists discover new things and explain things that disprove even their own previous findings all the time. God never changes. He's the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, which, back to your original comment, is what Alpha & Omega means... the beginning and the end... not that He's the only thing that exists. Let me just ask you to think about this... what if you're wrong? If I'm wrong, you and I are really just in the same boat when we die, right? But if you're wrong, and you die without ever accepting the FREE gift that Jesus gave, you'll spend eternity in torment. I hope God reveals Himself to you and all who've read this!!! Whew! I'm going to go take a nap. (Ran 5.5 mi, (2.5 uphil & into a 35 mph wind) this morning... I think I've earned it.
        One minute you say we are always in the Creator's presence, that he doesn't go off somewhere, and the next you say He stops... goes off somewhere, and starts back up again with my thoughts. Not sure that makes any sense. So, what if I hit my head on the table I created and only I can see? Will anyone else see the bruise? Not trying to be condesending, just can't beleive you're serious. Hey, I'm no theologian, I just know that scientific proof is no proof at all. Scientists discover new things and explain things that disprove even their own previous findings all the time. God never changes. He's the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, which, back to your original comment, is what Alpha & Omega means... the beginning and the end... not that He's the only thing that exists. Let me just ask you to think about this... what if you're wrong? If I'm wrong, you and I are really just in the same boat when we die, right? But if you're wrong, and you die without ever accepting the FREE gift that Jesus gave, you'll spend eternity in torment. I hope God reveals Himself to you and all who've read this!!! Whew! I'm going to go take a nap. (Ran 5.5 mi, (2.5 uphil & into a 35 mph wind) this morning... I think I've earned it.
        I'm talking about your IDEA of God. That's what it is, right? I feel the presence of an all-pervasive enrgy. Is that God? I don't know. But I feel it. When you say "God never changes"--how do you know? Wouldn't that make your IDEA of God static and boring? The energy I feel has everlasting change as part of its expression. I was using Bible logic with the Alpha, Omega. If all there was was God in the beginning, before alll creation. Then everything that exists came from God, thus everything is made of God, thus IS God. You do form your reality, AND you are alone in it. Ever notice that you can see the face of everything and everyone, but not your own?
          Why an urn? Why not scattered?
          Because it secretly spells "run". I'm not sure what scattered secretly spells.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My liver will be removed for donation. I will be cremated. My ashs will be placed in an urn.
            That's pretty much my wishes, as well. Take anything that can be used to help someone else, burn the rest...after that I don't really care. A Viking burial at sea would be pretty cool, too, but I don't think the EPA would agree, unfortunately. Damn them messing with my heritage. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Dang...now I'm going to be playing with the arrangement of the letters in 'scattered' for the rest of the day. Cats...something...hmmm... Confused

~ Sarah Kay

PWL

Has been

Dang...now I'm going to be playing with the arrangement of the letters in 'scattered' for the rest of the day. Cats...something...hmmm... Confused
                Best I could come up with was "Create STD" or "Deter cats". Hmmm...still working...

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

PWL

Has been

I believe that when I die, I will go to a shiny, happy place where I can hang out at my favorite running site without hearing a word about politics, religion, global warming, animal rights, vegetarianism, or - to paraphrase the great Ferris Bueller - any ism at all.
                  I second the gorilla.

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Best I could come up with was "Create STD" or "Deter cats". Hmmm...still working...
                    Ooh, you are a better wordsmith than I! *bows* Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Whatever this says.
                      Be careful...did will want to marry you, next. Wink

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

This forum is getting more like the RA Clubhouse every day...
                        ...I just know that scientific proof is no proof at all. Scientists discover new things and explain things that disprove even their own previous findings all the time...
                        Proof is a mathematical concept. Science doesn't prove or disprove anything. It attempts to find an explanation for observed phenomena. If evidence later contradicts the findings, science attempts to find a better explanation, rather than adhering to dogma. That's a good thing.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Proof is a mathematical concept. Science doesn't prove or disprove anything. It attempts to find an explanation for observed phenomena. If evidence later contradicts the findings, science attempts to find a better explanation, rather than adhering to dogma. That's a good thing.
                          Just like when we all thought cotton was so fantastic for exercise, because it "breathes." Roll eyes There are still purists who won't buy technical fabrics out of some stupid "principle." Good for them...they can enjoy being soaked in their own sweat and chafing in their old-skool apparel. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

I second the gorilla.
                            That's not very wise of you. Prepare to be pelted with assorted rotten vegetables. If bananas are included, grab me one. Besides, my little fantasy won't ever come true. The Spaghetti Monster is more believable. This is the Internet, after all. Fortunately there is a strange and wondrous place right here on Earth that almost fits the bill: http://runningahead.com/groups/2000/Forum
                            Brilliant. Just plain brilliant.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                            -----------------------------

I don't know what happens when we die. Mostly I suspect it's a fade to black & then you're worm chow. PerfesserR, not to threadjack but, rather than working this afternoon I was perusing other people's running logs & I must say I was impressed by the amount of long distant events you ran last year. I'd like to hear more about them, particularly the Mumbai Marathon. My wife is from India & if I ever get back to marathon shape I'd love to combine a visit to India with running that marathon.
                                I don't know what happens when we die. Mostly I suspect it's a fade to black & then you're worm chow.
                                Are you aware of the black? Endlessly in the black, no you, nothing, nada, void, the universe has disappeared, no existence, boinboin? Interesting idea. Imagine that you are in the black, you are aware, and you can still remember your life. No one to talk to. No one at all. And you still have desire. Forever. That's scary.