this.m_distance is undefined (Read 82 times)

Efes

Hi Eric,

A minor bug perhaps?

When I enter a 'New weights entry' or copy or change an existing one I get a popup with an error message when I change the date using the date picker. The popup says "this.m_distance is undefined" I click on 'Ok' and I can continue and save as if nothing has happened.

As fare as I can tell the problem only occurs the weights entries.

Cheers,

Efes

eric :)

Hi Efes,

Can you send me a screen shot of the data you're trying to enter?  I've been trying to track down a couple of errors in the workout form but haven't been able to.  The problem is intermittent, which makes no sense to me.

eric Smile

Efes

Hi Eric,

I'm pretty sure it has to do with the date picker on the Weights entry page because that's the only place I've experienced it so fare. I've tried the same manual entry on other activities but then I don't get the error there.

I've tried to document my steps for you to reproduce the error. I hope it's helpful :-) Since I couldn't get the picture into this thread I've sent you a mail with the picture in it.

Cheers,

Efes

Christirei

I get the exact same message when I change the date to enter a new "weight's entry"  and only for the weight's entry, if i were more computer savy I would try to send you a screen shot, but I have absolutely no idea how to do that!

DaBurger

if i were more computer savy I would try to send you a screen shot, but I have absolutely no idea how to do that!

Hopefully there's a key on your keyboard for "print screen" (upper right of mine), hitting that will copy everything on your screen, then you can paste the image into an image editing program (like paint) and save the image.

More info (and Mac friendly info) here https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-save-a-screenshot-of-a-webpage

Know thyself.

On a Windows device, the Windows key + S brings up the snipping tool and you can draw a box to grab what you want.  It copies to clipboard to paste wherever.

Hopefully there's a key on your keyboard for "print screen" (upper right of mine), hitting that will copy everything on your screen, then you can paste the image into an image editing program (like paint) and save the image.

More info (and Mac friendly info) here https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-save-a-screenshot-of-a-webpage

Efes

Well, I got the screenshot. I just don't know how to upload it to this forum?

Cheers,

Efes

eric :)

I've fixed this problem.

It turned out the problem had existed for years.  Recently, I modified the global error handling code to display any errors that were ignored.  If you see them, please report them.  It'll help make the software more reliable.

eric Smile

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

There seemed to be some transitory issues this morning as I manually entered my run. When I clicked Save, I was greeted by this:

RunningAHEAD is unavailable
                    Fatal Error
                    An unexpected error occurred while processing your request. If this problem persists, please contact me.

and it didn't appear that the workout was saved, so I tried.  Turned out, the first one did save, so I had a duplicate.  When I tried to delete one of them, I got this in a JS popup:

Unable to load https://www.runningahead.com/WebServices/Ajax.asmx/DeleteEvent status:500

Tried a second time, and it did delete.