Things that make you swear when you run (Read 1729 times)

kicking the back of my leg with my foot
      Realizing that I forgot to apply Body Glide at about mile 5 of a 10 mile run. OOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Running past someone smoking, doing laundry with especially strong detergent/softner, or using a gas leaf blower...all of which make my lungs swear.
          Getting 30 miles into a 36 mile run only to come over a pass and find thigh deep unconsolidated sugar snow with a 1/4" crust of ice on top... and two hours of daylight left. My friend hated it more than me cause he was wearing shorts:

Tiefsa

The fact that I'm out of shape.

Buffalo Gal Rides Again

Getting 30 miles into a 36 mile run only to come over a pass and find thigh deep unconsolidated sugar snow with a 1/4" crust of ice on top... and two hours of daylight left.
              See you live in Boulder. I went to University of Colorado way back in the last century...I still try to get back to Boulder once a year (at least). On the thread...I get cranked when I realize I don't have the transmitter for my Nike chip.
              March: Irish Jig 5K (DONE), Kent City Ridge Run 5K (DONE) April: Iron Girl 5K (DONE), Kentucky Derby Half May: 5/3 (10K) July: Cherry Festival 15K August: Chicago Rock N Roll Half, Crim Festival of Races (10 miler) October: Grand Rapids Marathon (Half-Hometown Gig)
                + another one on the cars. Especially the guy pulling out of the grocery store parking lot who looked right at me and then said he didn't see me when I yelled at him.
                +2 -- what I refer to as the "rolling right turn" ... looking left but you are approaching against traffic ... never really stops -- knucklehead [happened 2x's this AM.]

2012= under-goaled

+2 -- what I refer to as the "rolling right turn" ... looking left but you are approaching against traffic ... never really stops -- knucklehead [happened 2x's this AM.]
                  YES!!! Why are people so OBTUSE?
                    People are idiots. i've kicked the side of a car or two that's done one of those turns. The guy was scared to death of me. Most people don't bother me, except I had a group of 12-15 year olds surround me and start bothering me in a run a few years ago. I told them I couldn't take them all at once but I would seriously injure 3 of them because I wasn't above beating down a bunch of dumb teenagers. Then I asked "which of you is willing to take a 60% chance on going to the hospital today?" I had no takers, and a big grin on my face for the rest of the run.
                    Purdey

Self anointed title

Bloody nipples. That hurt for days afterwards. Ever come across that spray on plaster (bandaid) stuff? Do not. I repeat, do not, spray this onto bloody nipples. Trust me on this.

Certainly Something...

Bloody nipples. That hurt for days afterwards. Ever come across that spray on plaster (bandaid) stuff? Do not. I repeat, do not, spray this onto bloody nipples. Trust me on this.
                        My eyes teared up a bit.. oww. I think I'm going to have this problem when my mileage gets higher later this year. Medical tape best bet?
                        Purdey

Self anointed title

Any tape which is going to stay on. I have a hairy chest - am going to have to shave for my longer runs & races - I see this as an afront to my masculinity.

xor

YES!!! Why are people so OBTUSE?
                            Because everybody wants to be the warden.

Any tape which is going to stay on. I have a hairy chest - am going to have to shave for my longer runs & races - I see this as an afront to my masculinity.
                              These rock... saved me when I ran the Vermont Marathon a couple of years ago... http://www.nipguards.com/

Falling is easy, it's getting back up that becomes the problem ~Staind

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Today, as I was running on the correct side of a deserted road, a car came speeding up from behind me, crossing the yellow line as he passed me. WTF?