Things that make you swear when you run (Read 1729 times)

Hoodoo Guru

Bloody nipples. That hurt for days afterwards. Ever come across that spray on plaster (bandaid) stuff? Do not. I repeat, do not, spray this onto bloody nipples. Trust me on this.
    Liquid Bandage. Sprayed it on my knee one time. Could not believe how much it stung. I can just imagine the little dance you might do after spaying it on nipples.

The tangents are moot.

Liquid Bandage. Sprayed it on my knee one time. Could not believe how much it stung. I can just imagine the little dance you might do after spaying it on nipples.
      I'm wincing just thinking of this... nothing is worse than chafing... (i'm sure there are plenty of things that are worse)

Falling is easy, it's getting back up that becomes the problem ~Staind

I have not seen this one mentioned, but have seen similar. I hate when I am running and see people running side-by-side; typically three abreast, and they never move out of the way. I just love having to stop running because I have to jump onto someone's retaining wall. This has happened to me 4 times in the last week. I am not sure if it is the same set of girls, but it is always three people. I never really pay that much attention to whom I am passing.

Right on Hereford...

- Every Tuesday (which is track day for me) THE WIND IS FRIGGIN' 60+ MPH! I would switch track day to Wednesdays, but I know the wind would just switch days as well. Angry - Dog owners with 30-ft leashes crossing the running path booby-trap style. - A crowd of 15 teenagers on lunch break socializing smack dab in the middle of the busiest running path in the country. I have thrown a low shoulder into the nearest one on several occasions when they wouldn't get out of the way. - Drivers pulling into traffic, turning right, looking left. I routinely smack their fenders with my fist. Had one guy come after me for it... Shocked Angry Black eye - Dogs that growl and snap (yes, I started the infamous "Question for owners of aggressive dogs" thread).
            - A crowd of 15 teenagers on lunch break socializing smack dab in the middle of the busiest running path in the country. I have thrown a low shoulder into the nearest one on several occasions when they wouldn't get out of the way.
            That's my strategy too. I've thrown a shoulder several times at path hoggers. Evil grin

~Sara
            It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Teresadfp

One day at a time

At the Y's tiny indoor track: The only entrance to the fitness area is across the track. It's amazing how many people don't think to look to see if anyone is barrelling around the corner. And also how many stop ON the track to talk. There are only two lanes, so it's hard to avoid people like that. The other annoying thing is people who do weird workouts on the track - walking VERY slowly for awhile, and then sprinting like crazy. Playing leapfrog on a track that's 19 laps to a mile is no fun.
                - Every Tuesday (which is track day for me) THE WIND IS FRIGGIN' 60+ MPH! I would switch track day to Wednesdays, but I know the wind would just switch days as well. Angry
                man... you're not kidding. This is the windiest winter I can remember...
                  At the Y's tiny indoor track: The only entrance to the fitness area is across the track. It's amazing how many people don't think to look to see if anyone is barrelling around the corner. And also how many stop ON the track to talk. There are only two lanes, so it's hard to avoid people like that. The other annoying thing is people who do weird workouts on the track - walking VERY slowly for awhile, and then sprinting like crazy. Playing leapfrog on a track that's 19 laps to a mile is no fun.
                  What's up with this? I did 6 mi. on the local indoor (9 laps to a mile) track tonight. It was crowded and there were: - like a dozen kids (college age) doing weird sprint --- slow walk --- stand and talk for 5 minutes stuff. - a couple of ladies walking against traffic - a couple of groups of very fit looking runners doing like 13 minute miles and running 3 abreast. One of the these last came up to me after I finished and seemed to say that I was running too fast (not something I've been accused of before) -- that 7 minute miles on an indoor track were somehow by definition "junk miles". WTF? That's my tempo pace! Confused

Eat, Play, Run

Cars.....dogs.....more friggin snow....wind. And when my earbuds fall out for the umpteenth time.
                      Cars.....dogs.....more friggin snow....wind. And when my earbuds fall out for the umpteenth time.
                      I wear a thin headband and then loop the earbuds through the top and plug them into my ears. It holds them in place really well. Smile
                        My favorite is the WALKERS who somehow end up about a half a mile ahead of all the folks like me who start back in the 9:00 mpmile corral. AND then walk six abreast so the entire mass of runners have to flow around them. While they talk.... Evil grin
                        I don't run fast, I run steady.
                          My favorite is the WALKERS who somehow end up about a half a mile ahead of all the folks like me who start back in the 9:00 mpmile corral. AND then walk six abreast so the entire mass of runners have to flow around them. While they talk.... Evil grin
                          +1 Bugs! The Florida humidity is a haven for all sorts of flying critters. I have not met a mosquito yet that didn't delight in sucking my blood. Also, running through gnat swarms is the worst! You can't see them until it is too late and you've inadvertently eaten a thousand. Does anyone know how many calories are in one gnat?
                            Losing your car key on a trail run (3 miles back) when you're parked 5 miles from a paved road, 35 miles from the nearest "town", no cell service, and bears in the area. Oh - and 1 gel and no water left between you and your husband. Tongue MTA: And the only people you've seen all day are gun-toting rednecks on ATVs protecting their gold mining claim.
                            Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado

Eat, Play, Run

I wear a thin headband and then loop the earbuds through the top and plug them into my ears. It holds them in place really well. Smile
                              Thanks for the tip - I'll have to try that!

Runner

Yesterday I was quite mad when a truck went off the road onto the sholder all the way into the grass to scare me.

2010 Races: Snicker's Marathon(2:58:38), Scenic City Trail Marathon(3:26:36), Laurel Highlands Ultra 77(19:13:44), Ironman Louisville(13:07:07) 2011 Races: Mount Cheaha 50k 5:22:47, Tobacco Road Marathon, Mohican 100 Miler