Bicycle speedometer/odometer (Read 1322 times)

I just need a simple speedometer/odometer for my bicycle.  Can you recommend a good one?
    Slo

There are lots to chose from. If your looking for simple and economical you can pick one up at a local Target. Swhinn has one that sells for about $13.00 that Target carries.

The easiest ones to install are the wireless.....cost a little more.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

If you wanted something less-simple I cannot recommend the Garmin Forerunner 305 enough...you could use it running and biking.  On the bike you'd probably want the cadence/speed sensor, which makes it useful on an indoor trainer, too.  Hubby has a Planet Bike one from Amazon.com that I think was maybe $40.  It also shows the outdoor temp, which would be nice.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

The Cateye products continue to amaze me with their reliability. I pulled a bike out after two years of neglect and the Cateye just popped to life.
          xhristopher

The Cateye products continue to amaze me with their reliability. I pulled a bike out after two years of neglect and the Cateye just popped to life.

I've tried Cateye, Avocet, and Sigma and found the Cateye's to be my favorites. For me, they have been durable (hold up to MTN biking), last for years, and are straight forward to use, and reliable. You can't go too wrong with the base model. It's probably 20-25 bucks.

mercyplay

IF you dont want anything fancy you can just get a cycling computer at ebay. i got mine for around 4 bucks.
                 I have used cateye and polar I think I prefer the polar.

I have used Cateye computers for years. They are very reliable and inexpensive. However I do like my Garmin 305 with cadence/speed sensor. Whichever way to you go I cannot stress enough the importance of cadence. I use it as a training tool. Most of the time it is a simple way to indicate effort and timing on when to switch gears.

Kevin