Any Fitday users? (Read 707 times)

If you're using Fitday, are you using the online version or did you buy the software? It's a PIA to enter the custom nutritional information but it's also a wakeup call as to how many processed foods you are eating. I'm a LONGTIME user of Weight Watchers but I like Fitday because it helps me track my calcium/carb/protein ratio. I'm also tired of dealing with the same 5-10 lbs. and figured it's time to get back to basics. Calories out > Calories in is a good equation. Any other users out there?

2008 Goals

Run Jax Bank 12/21/08 under 4 minutes (1st marathon)
    5K 23.99
    10K 50.40
    1/2 1:52
    Manage injuries so I can stick to training plan
    Make healthy food choices
      I hate that you can't compile and store meals in there. It is a pain to always enter the same 5 or 6 items for breakfast etc. I use it on and off. Wish you could also do recipes within fitday, so much of what they have in the database is processed or fast food.
      The Graduates - a community of post C25K runners!

Started Running 21 April 2008

2008 Running Goals
      • Finish C25K 22 Jun 2008
      • Run 5K 43:29 29 Jun 2008
      • Complete a 10K fun run

Hoping to Run Again :-(

I agree with what you mean about the limitations wee, but I really like Fitday. I've used the online version only and use it to have better control over my protein (I was born with one kidney and try not to overtax it.) I don't use Fitday often anymore, but do sort of a week here a week there. I soon lost interest in entering my workout information though because I think its calculation of calorie intake vs. expenditure is way generous, even when you choose "bed-bound" as your lifestyle. It's great to be able to see my calories for a given day though and compare it over time. Overall though, I was thrilled to find a free program that could give me some statistics on my nutritional intake. It's certainly kept me honest - although I think I have Reeces Peanut Butter cups as one of my "custom" entries Big grin Hey - it was my birthday! Good luck Monkey!
        ~ Fly ~
        Only as much as I dream can I be.
        veggies on the run

Former runner

I've been using the free version for a couple months now. I like the fact that it's web based so that I can enter stuff throughout the day. I'm not sure if the paid version has the ability to use it from anywhere. It looks like its a program you install on a PC. The foods in their database are a bit limited. In fact when I google some foods I often find them listed on other calorie counting sites. If you don't mind entering the data yourself, you can build up your own library of foods. Overall I like the fact that it has a simple interface without a lot of clutter and it makes counting calories, carbs, protein and such easy.

Ross

I use fitday because I love the fact that it tells me how I am doing with my nutrition. Although sometimes it is a pain to work.

Genipher 

"Run when you can, walk when you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up." –-Dean Karnazes 

"There is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing" Dave Landgraf

If you're using Fitday, are you using the online version or did you buy the software?
              I don't use fitday, I use www.thedailyplate.com and I like it a lot. I don't know what fitday does exactly, but dailyplate lets you track your calories and other daily values like carbs/protein/fat ratio, iron or fiber intake, etc. It also lets you log your exercise and water intake and tracks all of these things over time. Of course it also tracks your weight, inches, etc if you enter those stats. There is a free and a 'premium' version of daily plate, but the free is really good so I have never bothered to try the pay version.
                I hate that you can't compile and store meals in there. It is a pain to always enter the same 5 or 6 items for breakfast etc. I use it on and off. Wish you could also do recipes within fitday, so much of what they have in the database is processed or fast food.
                I just mentioned www.thedailyplate.com in my last post, and it lets you do both these things (compile/save meals, and enter recipes). Plus its also free. Smile I don't work for daily plate, I swear. I just looked all over for a good tracking site and I have really liked daily plate. I have had an account for almost 2 years. The interface isn't perfectly pretty, but the functionality is all there.
                Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I had a lot of success with using Fitday. Lost 15 lbs earlier this year. Still have the same 5-10 now. Seems like when I stopped using Fitday I put on weight because I was no longer keeping track. What was amazing to me was how little 1800 calories really is and how some foods have so many more calories than you think! I've advocated it for other people however they usually tell me the things they eat aren't on it. What I do is put the ingredients for whatever I'm eating if the food isn't listed. I'm going to look into daily plate maybe that will motivate me to pick up the counting again!
                    I'm trying to use fitday more regular now that I'm running more. I am hungrier so it really helps. Does anyone else wish that the Calorie trackers would include grams of sugar in their nutritional info, not sure why that data is missing.
                    The Graduates - a community of post C25K runners!

Started Running 21 April 2008

2008 Running Goals
                    • Finish C25K 22 Jun 2008
                    • Run 5K 43:29 29 Jun 2008
                    • Complete a 10K fun run

Half Fanatic #846

I used Fitday for a short time - bought the software - and recently started again. It's good to track nutrient deficiencies and it's easier for me to lose weight with it. It is a PITA to do a couple of the things mentioned above, but what struck me as really odd - there are a few common foods not listed (Kool Aid was one I think), but then it lists weird things like raccoon... SurprisedWTF? Who eats that? I had to start laughing - if you want to start a road-kill menu, check out the food list! Confused

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

I use fitday too, and I've noticed that too. I typed in milk and human breast milk comes up? Confused