Washing (Read 166 times)

Luciplay

How should you wash fruits and vegetables in the time of COVID-19?

rlopez

From north to south.

Ok, real answer: wash them as you always have (or should have been doing). That's fine. 

COVID is awful and makes us worry about lots of things... don't let this be one of them.

darkwave

Mother of Cats

From north to south.

Ok, real answer: wash them as you always have (or should have been doing). That's fine. 

COVID is awful and makes us worry about lots of things... don't let this be one of them.

Amusing dialogue I saw in my Facebook - one friend posts about some donuts he had just picked up that were meant to be Halloween themed, but were just horribly decorated.

Other friend comments to the effect "if they were that careless about the decoration, how do you know you won't get Covid from them....."

I decided to stay out of that one....

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

Running Problem

Problem Child

Peal the outside layer. No need to wash them.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Running Problem

Problem Child

Amusing dialogue I saw in my Facebook - one friend posts about some donuts he had just picked up that were meant to be Halloween themed, but were just horribly decorated.

Other friend comments to the effect "if they were that careless about the decoration, how do you know you won't get Covid from them....."

wait....you can get it from eating donuts now?

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Purdey

Self anointed title

How should you wash fruits and vegetables in the time of COVID-19?

Bleach.  Bleach it all.

Altair5

Runs in the rain

Rinsing them with hot water should kill the virus. Also, if you put them out in the sun for a while turning them several times so they get the UV rays will also kill virus.

Long distance runner, what you standin' there for?
                Get up, get out, get out of the door!

Purdey

Self anointed title

UV rays will also kill virus.

Sure?

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

I would need to see a pic of these “horribly” decorated donuts before commenting further.  Maybe they were artfully decorated and your friend just didn’t get it. 

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

I would only buy from Joe Biden’s COVID free donut shop...because he always wears a large mask. 👍

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Feeling the growl again

Sounds like a prime opportunity to prune your friend tree.  Differences of opinion are one thing but....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Sounds like a prime opportunity to prune your friend tree.  Differences of opinion are one thing but....

Yeah.  I like to keep diversity in my friends list.  It's good to be challenged or confronted with differing views, to limit the risk of finding myself in an echo chamber.

Plus, "covid on the donuts" guy is not my most worried friend.  That would go to the pair who have been keeping a fan pointed towards the external door of their apartment, to make sure virus laden air from the apartment hallway doesn't make it into their apartment.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

Luciplay

Indeed, we just really need to be careful in handling our food and good. making sure they are sanitize, you think soaking them in a baking soda works too? Does someone ever has done that?

CamNhungDinh

link spam