What's the weather like where you are? (Read 2090 times)

Scout7

It's raining and cold. They're calling for snow this weekend. It WAS mid-upper 70's on Monday....
      Yep ran my run in the pouring rain. Can't believe that there's a chance for snow this weekend Angry My 15 miler ought to be nice....

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Hey, Mother Nature...you can bite me! Wednesday...Windy. Occasional snow showers. Areas of blowing and drifting snow. Much colder. Snow accumulation around an inch possible. Near steady temperature in the lower 30s. Northwest winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts to around 45 mph. Chance of snow 80 percent. Don't throw 70º temps at us one week and then go back to that crap. Stop messin' with me! I was just running in a skirt the other day, now it looks like I will be back to multiple layers through the weekend...bitch. k
        Everything she said. Tongue
          7C. Overcast, light rain. Wind W 35km/h, with gust up to 56 km/h. Tomorrow is expected to be -3C. A 40% chance of flurries and will feel like -9 with the wind chill. Wind W 25 km/h. I had been running in short, until now... And, I have an 8k race on Sat. It is not looking much better.
            As of this post it is 82 degrees and sunny... I've been slamming the water all day anticipating a long, hot run this afternoon. Anyone have a cure for squishy-feet? When it gets this hot, my shoes like to collect sweat during the long runs.
            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

For this morning's run: Sunny, about 54°F, no wind, the air still damp from an overnight rain... Bliss. Smile

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've really had it with this crap! We are predicted to get at least a half-foot of snow in the next 24 hours! Friggin' stupid MI weather! There is no way in hell we're putting snow tires back on the car in mid April, fer cryin' out loud!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I've really had it with this crap! We are predicted to get at least a half-foot of snow in the next 24 hours! Friggin' stupid MI weather! There is no way in hell we're putting snow tires back on the car in mid April, fer cryin' out loud!
                  Big grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yep, that's about right...just with more teeth and hair! Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ok, this is just not right... area cancellations Sad k

~ Sarah Kay

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Heh. We're getting a couple of inches tomorrow. Frankly it doesn't bother me. However, I am concerned as another storm is coming through Sunday and may affect the marathon! Let's hope not.
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heh, the guys on WGN talk radio in Chicago keep playing snippets of Christmas/holiday/Winter tunes and John Williams is encouraging people to put out those inflatable lawn decorations and plug in their Christmas lights! Tongue Hope the weather improves for your race. I think ours is supposed to be better by next week. But I will be doing my long run (almost 3 hours) on Fri., instead of Sat. Sat. we are supposed to have snow/rain/wind. k

~ Sarah Kay

Had an awesome run yesterday in high winds and tons of rain. Nothing like running in ankle deep water No Woke up last night to freezing rain grrrrrrrrrrr. Getting ready to go out running with dh. Here is what it will be like 10am Rain / Snow Showers / Wind 38°F 27°F 50% 31°F 76% From WNW 26 mph THANK GAWD I got my long run in yesterday. I will however be sharing the weather with dh for part of his run (my recovery run).

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm feelin' for our Boston running friends, today. Sounds like the weather for the marathon is truly awful. Sad k

~ Sarah Kay

I'm not sure what it got up to today - it was supposed to reach over 100 F - but at just after 8pm it is a nice, balmy 82 F, which will make nice running weather tonight when I take my run at about 2 am. Big grin