What's the weather like where you are? (Read 2090 times)

I've heard BUBBLER here in the Boston area too. My mom still says bubbler. So winter's coming to the mid-west? Does that mean it will be winter weather in Detroit when the Tigers and A's get there? That should be fun. I guess we're lucking out with the weather so far. No snow or sleet in our forecast (yet.) Well, I sucked it up and went out tonight and was rewarded. It wasn't raining too hard yet and it's not even cold--mid 50's right now. Happy trails, don't let the weather get you down...this is only the beginning.

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've heard BUBBLER here in the Boston area too. My mom still says bubbler. Happy trails, don't let the weather get you down...this is only the beginning.
      That's what I'm afraid of, LOL! Honestly, if it weren't always so cloudy here in the Winter it wouldn't be so bad. I used to have a doctor from FL and she moved back down there after a few years here--she seriously could not handle the lack of sun for so many months. SAD gets pretty bad around here. Wind stinks, too...it's really blowin' out there. Bubbler...I love those regional dialects! I have never heard that word outside of WI. Neat that it's not foreign in other parts of the US. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Go Pre!

It's getting cold - and forecast for next 2 days is colder! in the 40's maybe high 30's! Fortunately it's supposed to be ok for Sunday (for my HM) possibly as high as mid-high 50's...possibility of rain...yuck. Can I back out now?
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That weather shouldn't be too bad for your HM...I'm hoping we are in the 50s for ours in 2.5 weeks. Today I ran in stiff winds, snow, some patchy sun, and 35º temps. Welcome to MI! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

You'll ruin your knees!

Arctic air moved into the area from Canada this morning, today's noon run was met with blustery winds and 66 degrees! Shocked I toughed it out in shorts and a sleeveless shirt, but I did see a guy out in long sleeved underarmour with a knit hat down over his ears! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

JakeKnight

Arctic air moved into the area from Canada this morning, today's noon run was met with blustery winds and 66 degrees! Shocked I toughed it out in shorts and a sleeveless shirt, but I did see a guy out in long sleeved underarmour with a knit hat down over his ears! Lynn B
              Damn Canadians. Good luck with the Arctic chill - I suggest earmuffs. At least you can take some satisfaction knowing they apparently all kick themselves while they run. http://runningahead.com/frm_topic.aspx?id=b017d8f906a24124af46de81c8980fd8

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
              -----------------------------

it sprinkled today. I ran at 6:30 and it was 59 degrees! brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Smile

Jennifer mm#1231

Regina

I´m really happy to live in Europe at this point! Here in northern Italy it looks still much like summer - no colored leaves yet, which is rather unusual for mid of October ... We didn´t have rain for a couple of weeks. And temperatures between 20 °C and 25 °C during the days (sorry, no idea what this means in °F). I really don´t think about long tights and shirts with sleeves at all currently. So really ideal conditions for runners here at the moment!!! Could remain like this until my last HM mid of November ... O.k., there are some first signs of what will come next: a larger drop of temperature after sunset, early darkness, more days with strong wind, and a growing number of people with a cold ...
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Regina, sounds like you guys are about a month behind us. Weather was pretty ideal, then. Where could I move to that has steady temps in the 70s or so year-round? Hawaii has pretty stable temps, right? I could live there.... Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ahhh...but I should probably be glad I don't live in Buffalo, NY. They bring new meaning to the term "lake effect." I remember a while back finding a chart that showed average snowfall for about 100 cities in the US. Buffalo was, of course, at the top of the heap. I think we were just below them (I believe our measurement for the city nearest me was 96.1 ft.), but they still had quite a few more feet of snow in an average year (over 100). k

~ Sarah Kay

I finally got some semi-decent weather today and had a nice run, hopefully i can get the same tomorrow!
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Same here...a little windy and still chilly for my race (40º), but no precipitation. Looks like tomorrow should be decent for my last real long run before the HM in 2 weeks. k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Here's what the graphic looks like for our weather pretty much until Weds of next week: And the actual forecast: Today...Rain showers likely in the morning...Then a chance of light rain and light snow showers in the afternoon. Much colder. Highs in the lower 40s. Temperatures slowly falling through the day. North winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent. Tonight...Light snow likely in the evening...Then widespread snow after midnight. Colder. Snow accumulation 1 to 2 inches. Lows in the upper 20s. Northeast winds 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 90 percent. Friday...Heavy snow possibly mixed with freezing rain until midday...Then snow in the afternoon. Brisk. Snow accumulation 6 to 12 inches. Highs in the mid 30s. Temperatures steady or slowly falling in the afternoon. North winds 15 to 25 mph. Chance of precipitation 100 percent. Friday Night...Cloudy with a chance of snow showers. Lows in the upper teens to middle 20s. West winds 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 40 percent. Saturday...Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow showers. Highs in the lower 30s. West winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 40 percent. Saturday Night...Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow showers. Lows in the 20s. Chance of snow 50 percent. Sunday...Snow showers likely. Highs in the upper 20s. Chance of snow 70 percent. Sunday Night...Snow showers likely. Lows in the lower 20s. Chance of snow 70 percent. Monday...Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow showers. Highs in the lower 30s. Chance of snow 40 percent. Monday Night...Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow showers. Lows in the mid 20s. Chance of snow 30 percent. Tuesday...Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow showers. Highs in the lower 30s. Chance of snow 40 percent. Tuesday Night...Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow showers. Lows in the lower 20s. Chance of snow 40 percent. Wednesday...Partly sunny with a chance of snow showers. Highs in the upper 20s. Chance of snow 40 percent. ---------- I am SO ready to move someplace warm and SUNNY! I'm already sick of Winter and clouds and it's still officially Fall. *sigh* k

~ Sarah Kay

And in Belgium: Today: overcast but dry, or variable cloudiness but dry / around 41° Tomorrow: at first variable cloudiness but dry, later cloudy but dry / max 52° Saturday: at first cloudy but dry, later overcast with light rain or drizzle / 48°-50° Later on: overcast with precipitation / 46° - 57° In the beginning of the week, it was sunny, but suddenly colder (around 48°) than the previous weeks. Since this night, it's rather foggy and overcast, and even colder... (but in fact, today we had rather normal temperatures for the time of the year - it was a very warm fall.) I think I like the cold weather for running.... last week, it was up to 60°, and when it was getting colder this week, I realised that felt better than those 60°.

Running in Belgium
                              Ann

My dogs are fast, not me

The last few days have been very hot - on the high '60's and raining. Tonight, the temp goes down to 20 (unheard of in Memphis) with the forecast being "wintry mix" e.g. sleet, snow, rain. Yikes!! The city will most likely shut down. Smile

Robin