What's the weather like where you are? (Read 2090 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My daughter is enough emotion to be 10 girls, she is 11 going on 20. I am SOOOO happy to have three boys and just one girl. She's evil. Smile
    When I was pregnant I thought for sure I was having a girl...no clue why, just the "vibe" I got. Hubby and I were both stunned when my OB announced "you have a son!" For a day or two I was actually sort of bummed, but now I don't know what I would do with a girl. I like my rough-and-tumble boy. And, as Eryn will attest, he is just as dramatic and emotional as any girl, only with the usual boy obsessions...cars, guns (not real thrilled about that one), bugs, explosions, dirt.... Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I thought my daughter was going to be a boy, I had two boys prior to her and in the delivery room when my husband starting laughing and saying it's a girl, it's a girl, my response was I looked at the nurse and said "really??"...you would think I would have believed my husband!! She was supposed to be Christopher, but instead she is Christina. Worked for me. The rough and tumble boys are fun. My house wouldn't be a home without the Power Ranger action figures on the coffee table, or the paintball covered clothes in the laundry room. Although this morning when I went downstairs to the family room to feed the turtle I stepped on a matchbox car (OUCH), I could go without that pain.

Michelle

rockenmamof5 ---- Four boys and one girl, have you determined that you are happy to have just one girl? I most certainly have! My daughter is enough emotion to be 10 girls, she is 11 going on 20. I am SOOOO happy to have three boys and just one girl. She's evil. Smile
        OMG if my dd had been my first child I wouldn't of had any more! Does that answer your question? lol. She's 5 and acts 20. Oh and to answer your ? about my treadmill. It's some 20 dollar part dh says. Something that goes over the roller. I HATE running on the dreadmill hence why the part hasn't been replaced, though I'm seriously going to ask dh to order it. I'll be darned if I can't run!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

There are some days when my husband decides to work from home the entire day and I have mixed emotions about it. I love that he's home but then I can't go on the Internet since he's logged onto work from home!! I need to feed that addiction too (like running).
          That is how I USED to feel, but now that he's out of the country 4-5 days a week I'd take him just being home even if that meant I couldn't get on the computer (and that's saying alot lol)

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Sunny and 72. Perfect weather.
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey, Mother Nature...you can bite me! Wednesday...Windy. Occasional snow showers. Areas of blowing and drifting snow. Much colder. Snow accumulation around an inch possible. Near steady temperature in the lower 30s. Northwest winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts to around 45 mph. Chance of snow 80 percent. Don't throw 70º temps at us one week and then go back to that crap. Stop messin' with me! I was just running in a skirt the other day, now it looks like I will be back to multiple layers through the weekend...bitch. k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Don't throw 70º temps at us one week and then go back to that crap. Stop messin' with me! I was just running in a skirt the other day, now it looks like I will be back to multiple layers through the weekend...bitch.
                Hey Zoom, isn't living in Michigan great? We're gettin' a cold spell here this weekend, too. Fortunately, that means highs mid 50's, Lows mid 30's. Perfect running weather. Tongue

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey Zoom, isn't living in Michigan great? We're gettin' a cold spell here this weekend, too. Fortunately, that means highs mid 50's, Lows mid 30's. Perfect running weather. Tongue
                  I really hate this area in the Spring. Just as it looks like gorgeous weather is here we get the beat-down from Old Man Winter. I really wish Mother Nature would kick his frosty ass to the curb! Doesn't she know that March is "in like a lion, out like a lamb" and that "April showers bring May flowers?" I don't mind running in showers...or even snow...it's snow, bitter cold, and gale force winds at one time that I can do without. Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

I'll take your mid 50's low thirties and you all can have our high low 40's low 20's. I enjoyed the 70's while they lasted Sad

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I'll take your mid 50's low thirties and you all can have our high low 40's low 20's. I enjoyed the 70's while they lasted Sad
                      I ran the best cross-country race of my life in about 38° weather, so I'll take your low 40's -- for about 30~45 minutes per day. Smile

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

PWL

Has been

Yeah, weather sucks where I am too. A wintry mix in the evening will transition to mainly snow, heavy at times, late. Low 31F. Winds ENE at 15 to 25 mph. Snow accumulating 5 to 8 inches. Northern New England is far from a runner's paradise...

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Wasatch Speedgoat

Yeah, weather sucks where I am too. A wintry mix in the evening will transition to mainly snow, heavy at times, late. Low 31F. Winds ENE at 15 to 25 mph. Snow accumulating 5 to 8 inches. Northern New England is far from a runner's paradise...
                          I lived in New England for 54 years and I finally escaped. I now live in Northern New Mexico in the mountains (8100') under a forest of Ponderosa Pine....it's always sunny here and this is the earliest I have ever had this dark a tan Cool The only thing I miss is the running scene...Boston is where it's at for road racing....a race every day of every weekend, year round, some even on weekdays! I still hold onto my New England runner subscription, though.

Life is short, play hard!

Here in White House, TN it is now 79 and sunny. Waiting awhile before going out to run cuz.... It's HOT!!! Tongue

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

I'm in Kansas, in a suburb of Kansas City, it's 16 degree windchill and super windy! We were in shorts and 80 the day before yesterday!
                                I am finally back from Poland and what a change a few thousand miles make. Yesterday we hit 80F just south from where I live and where I just happened to run. After cold winter and chilly spring in Poland that is quite a change! Ewa
                                I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill