Damn that F((*&# monkey!!! (Read 965 times)

I did a long run this morning of 16 miles and it was one of the worst runs I have had in a long time. I had a monkey jump on my back at about mile 5 or 6 and it just never let up. Angry My mind was never totally with it and of course my body followed. Then at mile 11 there was no water and I was out so I made some pretty frantic phone calls to have someone bring water out for those of the group that were still running. Ugh! I hate it when this happens! Just needed to vent. Thanks. Terie
    Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09

Junior Amphibian

Was it a baboon? Shocked

"People ask why I run. I say, 'If you have to ask, you will never understand'. It is something only those select few know. Those who put themselves through pain, but know, deep down, how good it really feels." - Erin Leonard

Member Since 2008

Just curious, who do you call for water when your in the middle of a run. If it's your spouse, Man is he whipped!

A Saucy Wench

Just curious, who do you call for water when your in the middle of a run. If it's your spouse, Man is he whipped!
          THats one way of looking at it.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Consider yourelf lucky. Where I live and run, when a monkey jumps on you, it is rare that you get to survive to post about it later.
              I was running with my group and when I do that the DH goes biking with some of the other lost husbands so I just called them. They've brought water out for us before.
              Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09

Double IPA Please!

I wouldn't say whipped per say.. When I do my long runs (long for me)..my Mister always comes out to check on me about half way through. He either has water for me in case I ran out or a snack in case I need one, also a towel to wipe off- Big grin I just lurve him!

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

Seriously?
                  And who am I anyway?
                  Just another fat jogger, evidently.
                    Denise, that's so sweet! My husband always wants to know what route I'm taking so he can search if I don't come back, but my runs aren't long enough yet for him to come check on me.
                    -Monica

Slow and steady wins the race means a lot of fast people pass you.

Double IPA Please!

Seriously?
                      Confused and who are you anyway?

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Double IPA Please!

Denise, that's so sweet! My husband always wants to know what route I'm taking so he can search if I don't come back, but my runs aren't long enough yet for him to come check on me.
                        It is sweet. That is just the type of guy he is.. I don't get the whole whipped comment- for real? Because one calls her significant other to ask to bring her water or something? Whats the big deal. Roll eyes She was 11 miles out for pete's sake

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

I don't get the whole whipped comment- for real? Because one calls her significant other to ask to bring her water or something? Whats the big deal. Roll eyes She was 11 miles out for pete's sake
                          Agreed. It's not whipped, it's caring. When we taught drum corps and my partner had to walk the parade route along with the kids, I'd bring him water/gatorade/beer. He'll now do the same and help with ice baths (only done 2, but they were a big help) and will check on me/bring water whenever I need help. That's give and take in my opinion, not whipped.

Chris
                          PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

Double IPA Please!

Agreed. It's not whipped, it's caring. When we taught drum corps and my partner had to walk the parade route along with the kids, I'd bring him water/gatorade/beer. He'll now do the same and help with ice baths (only done 2, but they were a big help) and will check on me/bring water whenever I need help. That's give and take in my opinion, not whipped.
                            Thank you- exactly my point Chris.

Best Present Ever

Yes, I third the sweet and caring. I've never called my husband for water, but he'll sometimes surprise me by driving the kids down the road to yell encouragement during a long run -- there's nothing like a 4 and 7 year old yell "run mama run" at mile 16 of a 20 mile long run. When I get home, he always bring me water, ice for my knees, and coffee and then fixes me breakfast. And says he thinks I look cute when I'm stinky and sweaty. I don't mind a little white lie : )
                                Yeah it's definately give and take. I've had to wake up early on a morning I had scheduled to sleep in to go pick him up because his bike was beyond repair and he was stranded out on the trail. Give and take. Ying and yang. It's what makes a good relationship good.