Leaderboards (Read 1688 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

So BTW, how much do elite runners run? I mean, I suppose there may be a range, as as they may not all be entirely identical, but aside from freak phenom 8min/mile heel-striking shuffling machines who can run all day and all night, what kind of typical ranges are there for elite marathoners? For elite mid-distance runners?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Feeling the growl again

So BTW, how much do elite runners run? I mean, I suppose there may be a range, as as they may not all be entirely identical, but aside from freak phenom 8min/mile heal-striking shuffling machines who can run all day and all night, what kind of typical ranges are there for elite marathoners? For elite mid-distance runners?

Elite marathoners will spend a lot of time running 110-140 mpw.  I have not seen a large number of them claiming to be consistently over 140, but there are a number of them that have/do and I'm sure most do here and there.

One thing you will notice about most of the elites is that their mileage numbers have more design to them than most here.  Most of the higher mileage people here seem relatively even across the year compared to most elite schedules I've seen.

Mid-distance, I think a rough estimate would be 20ish mpw lower on the high end but they drop the volume quite a bit as they approach the season and do a lot more fast work.  An elite 5K runner may only do 30-40mpw when they are racing most every weekend.

WHile the mileage may not be leaps and bounds above what some do here, what they may do with it is.  4 or more workouts per week, at intensities beyond what most here would attempt even accounting for the skill difference.  Part of what makes the elite elite is the talent to recover quickly and thrive off that type of training.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

jpdeaux

Check out jpdeaux in 2nd place (at the time I posted this):

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/2000/YTDDistance

And, it being January, I'm on page 2.

That guy's a poseur.

Kalsarikännit

View Image

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

keeponrunning

View Image

Awwwww

And yes, I'm hating how you crazy people train way more than me.  Joking

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

eric :)

I just completed a major project.  Sadly, you won't notice it if it's working properly.  If it has bugs, all hell will break lose.  It will help with future projects though so the time and effort was well worth it.

I like to take a breather and work on something smaller in scope and more visually rewarding so I'll entertain this leader board idea.  Before I start work on it, I like to have more ideas first.  What other stats would you like to see?

awesome!

how about age groups?

L Train

JPD impersonated DB yesterday, complete with TM.  Sheesh.

Kalsarikännit

I just completed a major project.  Sadly, you won't notice it if it's working properly.  If it has bugs, all hell will break lose.  It will help with future projects though so the time and effort was well worth it.

I like to take a breather and work on something smaller in scope and more visually rewarding so I'll entertain this leader board idea.  Before I start work on it, I like to have more ideas first.  What other stats would you like to see?

Fun!

Age groups, male/female, maybe something to sort out the leaders (or average run distance) by location (I know the Nashtards and the Massholes secretly want to have a go at each other).

Thanks Mr. Smileyface.  You do a great job!

MTA:  Maybe a race leaderboard, where someone can choose to make their race time available to go on the big speedster list.  It might be fun to see some of the faster people who aren't the regulars around here.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

RunningAhead's Steepler

MTA:  Maybe a race leaderboard, where someone can choose to make their race time available to go on the big speedster list.  It might be fun to see some of the faster people who aren't the regulars around here.

^^ Like this idea. Race time leaderboards. would need some sort of regulation to prove that the time is legit.

Pr's 400: 51.5 800: 1:59 1600: 4:27 3200: 9:48 5k: 16:06 10k :36:12 HM: 1:24 Marathon: Coming in 2015-2020

xor

Kip Litton!

MrH

Useful stats would be the distance, time and age graded performance (%). Sorting by either time or age graded performance would be optimum as the older folks would have an interest. Smile

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

keeponrunning

^^ Like this idea. Race time leaderboards. would need some sort of regulation to prove that the time is legit.

Me too!

And the only thing I can see being a problem with above suggestions is that not everyone has their age listed.  I don't, and I have noticed I'm not alone.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

MrH

Providing a link to the published results is probably good enough.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Why is it sideways?

So BTW, how much do elite runners run? I mean, I suppose there may be a range, as as they may not all be entirely identical, but aside from freak phenom 8min/mile heel-striking shuffling machines who can run all day and all night, what kind of typical ranges are there for elite marathoners? For elite mid-distance runners?

Bill Rodgers' training log.