My butt cheek is killing me!! (Read 17840 times)

jules2

My husband and my best friend have both suffered from this - piriformis all the way. One way to relieve the pain is to sit on a tennis ball on the affected side, strange as that sounds. Blush Move the ball around occasionally so you don't cut off any major arteries or anything. Especially if it bothers you when sitting in the car. Honestly, as much as doctors may love telling you to rest, it's really the only thing that'll help you recover. If you don't, it'll only get worse until you can barely walk or sit at all. And that would definitely be a bad thing....Hope you feel better soon.
    After seeing various physios I found out about the tennis ball trick and it worked for me, I mentioned this to the last physio and he'd never heard of it! Good luck

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

happybarb

Cellcom 2012

Check out this YouTube Video for Piriformis syndrome... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFtUgS69rPk&feature=related

Why is it sideways?

It's all about the tennis ball. Put one in your car.
        obsessor

deep cross-tissue massage worked for me. Still flares up occasionally.
          Bo Zuloaga

I fell about 3 years ago on a cement floor , hurt my left butt cheek ,not my tail bone .It is on th eleft side of my cheek in the middle of my butt. I am dying I have had to lift my mother alot she has demenita , the pain never stops now and I can not set,lay down or for sure not walk . If I am walking I have to hold in my left butt cheek with my fist to help me walk . Is there a bone behind our butt cheeks. I feel as if I cracked a butt bone and it is killing me . I do not know what to do .