Any other sad GT2110 fans out there? (Read 1135 times)

jcasetnl

This isn't all that big a deal to me (not buying from STP), I just mention it so that people are aware of it and I fully endorse them making up their own minds about the matter. I won't be picketing STP anytime soon. Big grin However, I'm not anti-religion and not under the assumption that STP is an extension of the Falwell crew. So to clarify, here's what I objected to on their site: http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/7775/jesusgv3.jpg That is posted at the top of a page during the checkout process on their site. You may disagree, but to me it's the cyberspace equivalent of getting to the checkstand at Target and the cashier says something like "Have you experienced Jesus' love?" I just don't find it appropriate or relevant to the business at hand. I have no problem with them being religious or with religion in general. It was the ACT of presenting it to me in the manner that they did which turned me off. I am not condemning or condoning anyone else who does business with them. Anyway, like I said, not that big a deal and I'm not gonna lose sleep over it. Take care.
    Kirsten, If you click on "What We Believe" or "Keith's Story" you will see, for example, what is listed below. I am confused as to how this would be offensive to someone or keep them from getting a deal. It looks like this company is doing their utmost to give great service at a great price. I am saddened that a fellow RA'r would not shop from them because of this. ************ About Us > We Believe Sierra Trading Post wants to be your first choice for outdoor clothing and equipment. In order to be the best, we follow three simple "We Believe" statements. 1. That our customers must be given the best possible service. 2. That we must keep our operating costs as low as possible- to keep your savings as high as possible. 3. That our business ethics must be consistent with the faith of the owners in Jesus Christ and His teachings. We invite you to write our founder and president, Keith Richardson, if what we do does not match what we believe... We Will Make It Right ********** I guess this gives me the opportunity to say, that as a Christian, I want to apologize to the RA community for what Jerry Fallwell, certain organized religions, the Crusades...anything that has been done, said, spoken, or acted upon that is against the very core teachings of Jesus Christ. I apologize to you all. It saddens me that, for many, the image of a Christian is a hate speaking tv personality or a ruler toting nun. Instead, I ask you to think of Mother Theresa, Bono, and the other Christians that have and are toiling to make the world a better place and are living out of love as Christ challenged the world to live. At the end of the day, we are all human and imperfect and flawed in our unique ways. Let's live love. And, please, get the running shoe deals wherever and whenever you can. Oh, and don't buy from Ebay unless you know the model of the shoe...I have five Asics size 9 running shoes now...that are not the size 9 my GT 2110's are. Good times!
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Weird...I wonder if that's new--either that or I've never noticed it. Oh, well, I'm married to an atheist and it doesn't bug me. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I actually just got a pair, cuz my reeboks were awful for my shins... I had to get womens (just don't tell anyone) but they are amazing. I went for my first run in over week, expecting heel pain afterwards, but found nothing of the sort. I only ran a 1/2 mile, and went slowly... but I can see myself falling in love with these shoes (even though they are lemon and gray). I am going to where them to school tomorrow to try and break them in more.
          Thanks, jcasetnl, I appreciate your point of view and you make a valid argument. The way you feel about the checkout page is the same way I feel when I get to the register at a Best Buy and I have to turn down a credit card and an extended warranty and a buyers club just to buy a CD. So, yeah, I can certainly understand. I also appreciate your not condemning them just as I would not condemn an athiest or anyone else with whom I have a differing opinion. Thank God we live in a country where there is freedom of religion or non religion and freedom of speech. I will defend an athiest's right, a muslim's right, a flying spaghetti monster's believer's right, etc. to believe whatever they choose to believe. I would hope they would do the same for me. Sorry if I got too deep in this thread. I am watching Independance Day at the moment and it has me thinking deep thoughts of freedom from aliens at the moment. Cheers!
          If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. - John Wooden
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sorry if I got too deep in this thread. I am watching Independance Day at the moment and it has me thinking deep thoughts of freedom from aliens at the moment. Cheers!
            Big grin My favorite atheist is also watching this on cable...great minds think alike...? Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Ha Ha...yes they do! :-) Go Will Smith!!!
              If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. - John Wooden
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum--I still miss his Mac ads. He's so creepy and funny! Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

He's the only reason to watch Jurrasic Park...in my humble opinion...brilliant actor!
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

He's the only reason to watch Jurrasic Park...in my humble opinion...brilliant actor!
                    Yup...well, and for the dinos.... Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Yeah, there are a few in that movie. ...ya know I never developed a taste for Irish Whiskey...
                      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

...I would not condemn an athiest or anyone else with whom I have a differing opinion. Thank God we live in a country where there is freedom of religion or non religion and freedom of speech. I will defend an athiest's right, a muslim's right, a flying spaghetti monster's believer's right, etc. to believe whatever they choose to believe. I would hope they would do the same for me.
                        Norm, in a world where far too many people practice Judgmentalism, I appreciate your open-mindedness and acceptance of the opinions and beliefs of others. Here's to hoping we never lose those rights of freedom of speech and freedom of religion/nonreligon.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Amen...may it always be so.

Swadvad

Jcasetnl, Interesting how many of us on this forum have quotes from various people at the end of our posts, yet you don't seem to be offended by them. But a short quote from Jesus is offensive? Interesting. (There goes my attorney brain, getting me in trouble again. Cool) But I do agree that you have a right to that opinion, and I appreciate the fact that you aren't condemning me for having a different opinion. Thanks. Back to the original subject, I didn't think the 2110's had enough cushioning for me, but I'm a pretty big heal striker. I do tend to agree that when you find something that works for you, stick with it. Too bad they changed things.
                            jcasetnl

I think I've already answered your question in previous posts, Davdaws. Undecided

Swadvad

Yeah, I know. Just couldn't help throwing in my 2 cents. Opinions are like belly buttons. Everybody has one! Wink