Lufthansa kicks Ass! (Read 809 times)

Over the Tgiving Holidays my wife and I went to Paris (very cool!) and returned on airline Lufthansa from Frankfurt. I gotta tell you guys they know how to travel! At the beginning of the flight the pilot or 1st officer comes on the intercom and says his normal spiel about Welcome Aboard blah blah blah and ends it with "Ahfta ve get to ouah cruising altitude ze cabin attendants will be coming along with cocktails" in heavily accented English (sounded like Arnold Schwarzenegger!). I'm thinking that he just mis-spoke and they'll be coming along with soft drinks, water coffee etc. WRONG! They come rolling down the aisle with all kinds of liquor! Beefeater Gin, Scotch, Vodka, Red and White wine, and for me best of all German bottled BEER! So I'm thinking how much is this gonna cost? COMPLIMENTARY! Suhhweeet!!!! But the piez de resistance? That came after the first of two in-flight meals (which were excellent btw). After the meal they roll down the aisle with Bailey's Irish Creme!!! Complimentary!!! Needless to say I was a happy traveler.Clowning around Highly recomended to fly Lufthansa!

Imminent Catastrophe

You don't fly international much, do you?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

LOL! No I don't! I guess I'm used to the Domestiques, eh? I do fly to China quite a bit and they have never thrown a party on the plane like Lufthansa did!

Yoda the 4-eared cat

Yeah, I'm fairly experienced in long haul flights (New Zealand - Europe = 25hrs) and I've yet to go on one that DOESN'T offer complimentary alcoholic drinks. I think there would be riots if they removed that particular perk.

an amazing likeness

I agree. Not that I do it all that often, but I try to use Lufthansa whenever possible for over the Atlantic and inside Europe. When heading the other way, Singapore Airlines are the flights I wish and hope for.

I've done my best to live the right way. I get up every morning and go to work each day. (for now)

One day at a time

Yep, British Air was giving out complimentary drinks from Boston to London and then from London to Jo'burg. Unfortunately, I was traveling with my teetotaling parents, and since they were paying for my trip, I didn't think it would be too respectful to start drinking! Argh. MTA: Ken, when we were in London, my dad looked up "Texas Exes" online, and we found a group that was watching the UT-Kansas game on TV at a BBQ place across from the Tower of London! About 20 people, most of them in their late 20s or early 30s, who are living in London for a couple of years. It was fun! I'm glad Texas won, so my dad stayed in a good mood.
                More and more airlines are scaling back their interntional bar service. They claim its due to the high price of gas. Or something. Tight lipped
                xor

Do not fly good ol' American internationally. They ditched free booze a long time ago. I think NWA did too, but I might be wrong. Plus now that Delta is assimilating them, who knows? I learned a few years back to always fly the non-US airline when going international. With a few exceptions (cough, Air Canada), it's almost always better. My favs, which will be obscure to most Americans used to be Jet (that's in India) and Aer Lingus (Ireland... though I still crack up when I hear their name). Edited to add, because I can: Gig 'em.

Imminent Catastrophe

Airline perks come and go regularly. You might want to call the airlines to find out what you get comped.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Dont forget to pack your own blanket and/or pillow on some. And earplugs to block out the duty-free offers!!!
                        Do not fly good ol' American internationally. They ditched free booze a long time ago. I think NWA did too, but I might be wrong. Plus now that Delta is assimilating them, who knows? I learned a few years back to always fly the non-US airline when going international. With a few exceptions (cough, Air Canada), it's almost always better. My favs, which will be obscure to most Americans used to be Jet (that's in India) and Aer Lingus (Ireland... though I still crack up when I hear their name). Edited to add, because I can: Gig 'em.
                        You still Gig'in 'Em Stevie?! 49-9 is an ass-whuppin of which A&M deserved for beating us the last 2 years. Hook 'Em

I've got a fever...

Unfortunately, I was traveling with my teetotaling parents, and since they were paying for my trip, I didn't think it would be too respectful to start drinking! Argh.
                          Whimp. Wink MTA: Flew Lufthansa to Italy for my honeymoon. Those flights were among the best parts of the trip. Big grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

A little over 10 years ago, I took a short flight on Lufthansa to Arnold's hometown of Graz, Austria. What I remember: 1. Pilot did not seem to care about passenger comfort. 2. The aircraft interior was similar to a school bus (rubberized walkway and no carpet). 3. There were people smoking on the plane. 4. I ate a sandwich. 5. The ticket cost (in terms of miles/dollar) was one of the most expensive flights I've taken.

Vim

I've got a fever...

A little over 10 years ago, I took a short flight on Lufthansa to Arnold's hometown of Graz, Austria.
                              The key thing there is "short flight". Very few airlines exude awesomeness on their short runs -- what's being talked about here is Lufthansa long-haul (overseas). In my case, we had some miles and were able to upgrade to Business class for our flight to Europe. B-Class on Lufthansa international (at least in 2001) was 10x better than any domestic first-class that I've ever flown.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

3. There were people smoking on the plane.
                                Thank goodness the smoking is now gone!!! (At least it was on intl flights last summer.) Flight attendants have enough crap associated with their job without lung cancer. Not to mention passengers also benefit. I just wasnt that impressed with my lufthtansa flight last year. Mabye because the times sucked. My delta flight, however, was really nice. Big grin