>Running 101>My First Run...
Roads were made for journeys...
Needs more cowbell!
• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018
I've been lurking around for the last week or so reading posts while postponing actually lacing up and getting out there and running. Tonight, I ran...if you could call it that. It was more like jog...stop to breath and walk....jog...stop to breath and walk. Regardless I'm glad I got out there and surprisingly look forward to doing it again.
I learned some important lessons already:
- Putting the chest straps back on a camelbak is harder than taking them off
- The Nike iPod armband leaves something to be desired (starting with how do you put it on without three arms?)
- My running shoes need some updating
- Stretching is a good thing
- Banana ice cream is probably no longer a sufficient source of potassium (was it ever?)
- My dog needs time to realize she's my running partner and not the other way around
- I can't drive on the bike path to determine how far I've gone (may want to invest in the Nike+ thinga-ma-jig)
I hope to make some friends on here. I use to run about 8 years ago but got away from it. Now, I'm looking forward to getting back into it for a bunch of reasons (see my profile).
Hi, Stephanie--great to have you here...don't forget to check out The Ladies' Locker Room group (e-mail me for the password).
* They make banana ice cream? Seriously?
Should I just use the e-mail on your website to contact you? Not sure how to e-mail you for the password.
What made you decide on the that Half Marathon?