Chubby thighs... (Read 1275 times)

Darla1

Ugh, any suggestion on shorts that do not ride up or chafe? All that seems to be comfortable is compression shorts. They are soooo not attractive. Any other suggestions would be appreciated!
      Ugh, any suggestion on shorts that do not ride up or chafe? All that seems to be comfortable is compression shorts. They are soooo not attractive. Any other suggestions would be appreciated!
      If you wear your regular shorts over compression shorts do you still have a problem with them riding up?
        I've had good luck with Nike Tempo shorts in combination with Body Glide for runs up to 18 miles so far. I've also heard good things about running skirts with built in compression shorts. I just got one at an expo and I'm going to test it out this week!
          Champion Brand Yoga Coulottes (sp?) They are longer so they don't ride, and are made out of compression type material so they glide against each other instead of bunching up. I tried the compression shorts with others on top and always still had the riding up issue. Not too attractive or comfortable. I found these by chance at Target, but have since ordered from the Champion website.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Everything but briefs ride up on me...except for my one pair of Pearl Izumi shorts that have leg grippers (like cycling shorts, but no chamois). Unfortunately they discontinued that short and I can't find them anywhere. I'm a skirt girl, but only the ones with briefs underneath. The ones with compression shorts always end up with the shorts riding up, too, so I don't bother with the ones that have shorts anymore. I use SportShield on my inner thighs and am good to go. Ran a marathon without a hint of chafing.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

For the past year I've worn only running capris from Target. They seem to be the most flattering to my heavy thighs, and no run-up. They get a little warm in the summer, but are so much more comfortable than shorts that ride up, or chaffe, or skirts and attached liners that do the same, that I think it's worth it. Oh- except for the coldest weather, when I wear running pants.
              Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
                If you're having chafing problems a short turn solution for my was to put some duct tape or vasaline on the affected area to help with the friction - did wonders about six months ago when I started to have some chafing. BTW...thats one insane marathon time you've got! Shocked.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that. "If I am still standing at the end of the race, hit me with a Board and knock me down, because that means I didn't run hard enough" If a lot of people gripped a knife and fork the way they do a golf club, they'd starve to death. "Don't fear moving slowly forward...fear standing still."

Nah you're not hardcore til you break a 5 minute marathon.
                  2009 Goals: Run 5x a week, Iron Horse Half-Marathon on a 6-month C2HM Program that completely made up and is probably unhealthy.

Jazz hands!

If you're having chafing problems a short turn solution for my was to put some duct tape
                    I thought I'd heard all the uses for duct tape, but that one's new.
                    run run run AHHHHHH run run run
                      BTW...thats one insane marathon time you've got! Shocked.
                      someone left the GPS running on the airplane?

#artbydmcbride

Duct tape works great....but the removal is YEEEEEOOOUUUTCHHHH!!! Shocked

Runners run

#artbydmcbride

someone left the GPS running on the airplane?
                          Or thought they were logging hours and minutes, but ended up with minutes and seconds.

Runners run

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

Use some athletic tape. You should be able to find it at any sporting goods store. Relatively cheap too.
                              Or thought they were logging hours and minutes, but ended up with minutes and seconds.
                              That would be my guess because 5 hrs 8 min could be an actual marathon time.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that. "If I am still standing at the end of the race, hit me with a Board and knock me down, because that means I didn't run hard enough" If a lot of people gripped a knife and fork the way they do a golf club, they'd starve to death. "Don't fear moving slowly forward...fear standing still."

Darla1

Thanks for all of the great suggestions. I really appreciate all of the good suggestions! Umm, not sure I understand the marathon question? My finish time was 5 hours and 8 minutes. Not proud of my time, but proud of the fact that I actually finished.