HP laptop suddenly turned off, won't turn back on (Read 67 times)

JanaLamb

I already posted this on other techy help forums but I might as well ask here. My HP laptop just suddenly turned off and now won't turn back on. Anyone who's been through this?

Increase Speed and Stamina Blog

That happens to my HP laptop when I move it around and the battery gets disconnected (take a look at the back of the laptop if you can see a small gap where the battery is located). Removing it and waiting for 10 seconds before putting it back in helps. That reminds me - I need to duct tape the stupid thing.

mikeymike

You buy ham ... wait, wrong thread.

Runners run

xhristopher

It should get better in the new year. HP laptops are unionized and only work reduced hours during the holidays. This is just it's version of a walkout.

Joann Y

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Just buy a Mac.

steph  

MothAudio

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

JanaLamb

Thank you so much! There was no gap in the battery, it's placed just right. But I still removed it for 10 seconds and put it back. It solved the problem for now. Thanks!

That happens to my HP laptop when I move it around and the battery gets disconnected (take a look at the back of the laptop if you can see a small gap where the battery is located). Removing it and waiting for 10 seconds before putting it back in helps. That reminds me - I need to duct tape the stupid thing.

Increase Speed and Stamina Blog