2012 Goal of Sub 4:00 Marathon (Read 4210 times)

Turbolegs

Rozzie - how did it go?

I dont sweat. I ooze liquid awesome.

Christirei

Thanks Turbolegs! I am actually not using a training plan right now. I looked at several and couldn't find one I liked, so I am just kind of winging it. I used Jack Daniel's 10K plan last year, so kind of using his general ideas, basically just increasing my long runs, making sure I take a step back week every third or so week, and every once in a while trying to get some speedwork in, but that doesn't happen as often as it should! My best trait is that I am consistent! I do hate to miss a run Smile We'll see if "my plan" works out for me!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Next up at the start line

15-Jan: azredbirds052: RnR Marathon (Arizona)

Runnerclay Jan 14** Museum of Aviation Marathon( Warner Robins,GA)

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

fake it till you make it

Rozzie- how was Disney?

Good luck this weekend azredbirds & runnerclay!  Looking forward to living vicariously through your race reports Smile

Day 1 of pfitz 18/55 for me today.  Haven't run a tempo run in a very long time. That wasn't easy, but sure was fun to get the legs moving faster for a little bit!  It's an unseasonably warm January here (40 F, about 40 degrees warmer than usual) so a fun day for a faster run.

Turbolegs

Runnerclay, azredbirds ... rock the road this weekend !! Hope you have a superb outing at the races.

Good weekend for running this.. with the OTs to get underway in a few hours. Gonna be glued to a twitter feed i guess.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Failed 4:02:48

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

Turbolegs

Oh boy ... that was touch and go man .. so close!! Still ... its a great start to the year, and you must be looking forward to your next race already! Smile Hope you make use of some well-deserved rest.

MTA: How did it unwind -  Till where were you on pace for a sub-4 finish? Any race reports in the offing? Just saw your log ... fantastic effort man !!!

Looks like you really left it all out there the last 6 miles! Nice work.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Looks like you really left it all out there the last 6 miles! Nice work.

Yes Ronald, those last six miles are something else!

steph  

Maniac

Also failed....4:11:30....Could have probably done it in 4:07 or 4:08, but once I figured 4:00 wasn't happening and then a new PR (<4:04:59) wasn't happening, I just said "screw it" and walked.  A LOT.

Hit the 20-mile mark in 3:00:44....If anyone has any training suggestions about how to prevent exploding in the last 10k, I'd love to hear them.

Whose next?  Whoever it is....GOOD LUCK!

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

Turbolegs

Also failed....4:11:30....Could have probably done it in 4:07 or 4:08, but once I figured 4:00 wasn't happening and then a new PR (<4:04:59) wasn't happening, I just said "screw it" and walked.  A LOT.

Hit the 20-mile mark in 3:00:44....If anyone has any training suggestions about how to prevent exploding in the last 10k, I'd love to hear them.

Whose next?  Whoever it is....GOOD LUCK!

Tough luck man !! Good effort .. 20 miles in 3 hours would be a good place to be in .. that sub-4 isnt much farther away now. Rest well and look forward to seeing you back in training!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

10 mile run 7 days from race and faster than race pace.

10.0 mi 1:29:22 8:57  

Recovery  normally takes   5 days. You just need to taper.Waiting to see your splits.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Sign me up!

Helsinki City Marathon 18.8.2012. <4h

Seven months to go!

Background: Coming back from injury and a 2011 of inconsistent running. I'm going to give the "FIRST"-method a go, lots of LT-runs and faster paced long runs. Lots of aerobic cross training. I think it will suit my temperament better than the furiously boring low HR training I tried last year (and failed to stick with). Finished my first marathon ever in 2011, on steep technical trails, in 7:07. It will be a real challenge to finish in less than 4 hours on the streets. Looking forward to share this experience with you folks.

Smile - Good training everyone! May you all remain strong and healthy!

Running Blog: On my two feet

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

clay & redbirds: wow, so close.  Clay, you were really smoking those last 6.  Can't believe you had so much left in the bucket.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Maniac

10 mile run 7 days from race and faster than race pace.

10.0 mi 1:29:22 8:57  

Recovery  normally takes   5 days. You just need to taper.Waiting to see your splits.

They are up now....Warning...they are not pretty.  They are visual evidence of the perfect, soul-sucking death march.

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy