2012 Goal of Sub 4:00 Marathon (Read 4210 times)

Good luck TL.

I will be in the same boat come May, looking to improve on my 4:26, but not sure if sub 4:00 will be an option than.  Hopefully we can both reach our goals in the fall races.

Turbolegs

I had the most unbelievable day today .. i will write about in detail soon .. but basically i pulled out a 3:56:50 from god-knows-where at the Tokyo marathon today. Consistently decreasing 5km spilts .. with the fastest split run over the toughest (relatively) part of the course. Official splits are here.

Felt euphoric at the end ... gave it my all in the last 80 minutes of running. For some vague reason, after i had collected my medal, towel etc and had done the crab walk into the waiting area, had a sudden urge for a few fleeting moments to cry! Still trying to figure out why .. (and no i didnt, choked back the tears succesfully). Smile

I dont sweat. I ooze liquid awesome.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Wow, congrats, TL.  What a wonderful race to check in that nice time.  Very happy for you.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

fake it till you make it

Congrats TL!  Enjoy putting yourself on the 2012 Graduates list!!! Looking forward to the race report.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I had the most unbelievable day today .. i will write about in detail soon .. but basically i pulled out a 3:56:50 from god-knows-where at the Tokyo marathon today. Consistently decreasing 5km spilts .. with the fastest split run over the toughest (relatively) part of the course. Official splits are here.

Felt euphoric at the end ... gave it my all in the last 80 minutes of running. For some vague reason, after i had collected my medal, towel etc and had done the crab walk into the waiting area, had a sudden urge for a few fleeting moments to cry! Still trying to figure out why .. (and no i didnt, choked back the tears succesfully). Smile

Congrats

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Wing

Joggaholic

Yay! Nicely done!

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Congrats Turbo!  Well done!

steph  

Best Present Ever

I often feel like that near the end/after a long race.  Not sure why, but I think it's pretty common.  Congratulations on your race.  

Awesome!  Going for 3:45 this fall? Wink

Official splits are here.

That is one of the coolest things I've ever seen on this site!

Turbolegs

Thanks everyone. Once again !

I am likely going to drop GC marathon in July (which was supposed to be my goal race) and instead push out by a couple of months, shooting for an October or November marathon in the hope of getting in a few solid months of aerobic base training before setting out on a marathon-specific training schedule.

Will write my RR over the coming weekend. Swamped at work.

Christirei

Turbolegs, looking forward to reading your race review!  I'm feeling a bit discouraged right now, had a horrible long run over the past weekend and missed my target distance by a measely 1.3 miles. Unfortunately my route had me going right by my car at that point in the run and I just couldn't make myself take another step! Then I got very very sick and have had to take two days off since then, I haven't taken two days off since maybe Christmas??!??! My husband is traveling this week and now my daughter is sick as well, so there is a good chance that I might miss another day or two of runs this week,  which makes me feel all off of my game and off track from my plan. Not sure what to do for my planned long run this weekend and am just thankful that I still have over a month until my marathon attempt. Reading awesome accounts like Turbolegs successful run in Tokyo are very encouraging though!

Greetings everyone!  I'm new to this site, having just started logging my workouts last week. I was really impressed with the logging features, but I'm also now discovering that the community here is just as awesome!  

I have big plans for this year - I'm doing an Ironman 70.3 in August, then will be running my first marathon at the end of September.  I ran the half-marathon version of this same race last year and ran it in 1:56 (in the rain), so I think a sub 4h marathon is in reach.  Not sure how doable it will be as my primary training focus will be the HIM, but I have a few things I'll be working on this year that I think will help me be a better runner.  Anyway, please add me to the list if it's not too late Smile

The race is the Smuttynose Rockfest in Hampton NH, on September 30th.

Oh, and congrats Turbo!  I look forward following everyone's progress.

Turbolegs

Christi .. i have told this before .. your consistency is gonna keep you in good stead so a few days missed here and there is not going to affect you in any signfiicant way. I am sure when you do take your shot at the race, it will be a very strong one so keep it up !!!

Prussian river .. welcome to the forum. Hope you have a good time training and can feed off the experience and energy of the others here.

As for me, i have run once in the last 10 days since the Tokyo marathon for a short 5km run. Currently in Zurich on work, and at the airport lounge right now waiting to head back to home sweet home. I had planned for 2 weeks off and thats rapidly coming to a close before i reignite my base training phase. Need to somehow find time to do the race report (have already started to write it though).

Turbolegs

Tea Olive, Stadjak .. how are you guys doing? Is the taper coming along fine? Another 4-5 days to for both of you .. and am sure you are pumped up to get to the start line! Do chime in with how you are feeling right now .. would make for an interesting read once you are back from the race.

I think we should start including pics from races if you do get snapped ..