Friday 12/28 daily (Read 550 times)

No daily today? 10 miles of marathon practice for me. After warmup mile, target AHR was 155(4), 155-160(5). I hit 156 for the first 4 miles and 158 for the last 5. Pace was 8:03/mi, which is about what I'm looking for. I guess I wouldn't mind breaking 3:30 some time, which requires a pace of about 8:00/mi.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

TheProFromDover

TheProFromDover

You'll get 3:30 Lou, but Boston is a tough course to PR on. Speaking of Boston, there is a sub group called Boston 2008, so I checked in. There is not one thread! How cute, I wasn't going first. But go sign in. I'm sure it will take off soon enough. Oh 1700 swim yds. I'll run later. Not sure how far. CRIAg

-Craig - "TPFD53 at gmail dot com"

Nice workout Lou. Is an SRD for me. I'll go somewhat long, as in 10-12 tomorrow. I have a race Tuesday and after the 26.2 last Saturday, I don't want too much this weekend. I want to start the year off righht with a good performance. The race is 5 miles and due to my lack of serious work since Philly, I'll be happy with a 35:00 (7:00 pace). Based on last year's results, that won't put me in the top 3 of my A.D. (55-59).

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

there is a sub group called Boston 2008
          Another group? How can I keep up. < joining="" now="" /> Ray - what's SRD?

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Another Passion

Scheduled rest day Will. Wink

Rick
            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Another Passion

Did 7 easy miles this morning. Pacing was very consistent which I am very happy about. Have a good one everyone! Big grin

Rick
              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
              runningforcassy.blogspot.com

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

After a great xmas eve run, I finally got time to run again (although I love teaching drumline and its very physical in a different way, I missed running a LOT). 3.12 miles on a treadmill at a 2.5 incline, averaging 3.7 mph. 35 minutes of running, 16 minutes of walking. I could have gone much longer on the run, but want to stick to the OHR program so I avoid injury. Have a great weekend everyone! Off to very cold Omaha to see my partner's family for Xmas.

Chris
                PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

Nice runs everyone. I'm not feeling so good today. Sad My nose has been running all day and my head hurts. Hope I don't have a fever but I feel like I might. I had a 2-3 mile easy/recovery run planned, but I might just make it a rest day instead. Dead
                  TheProFromDover

TheProFromDover

heh, see ou there. Got out for oh maybe 2-3 miles today. still ok, not 1/1 yet.

-Craig - "TPFD53 at gmail dot com"

Nice runs everyone. I'm not feeling so good today. Sad My nose has been running all day and my head hurts. Hope I don't have a fever but I feel like I might. I had a 2-3 mile easy/recovery run planned, but I might just make it a rest day instead. Dead
                      Decided to the HTFU and go anyway. Evil grin Did 3.25 easy miles.
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I had intended to do 10-11 today, but weather and general holiday exhaustion shortened my run to just under 9. That's OK, I have a 10k race on NYD, so it's probably best that I don't overdo it in an effort to mileage cram for the end of '07, anyhow. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

30 min easy swim, 28 min v. hard spinning (7 spinouts, yeah!) and 10 lazy minutes rowing. And one quality chin-up. Yes
                            4 x 1 mile intervals for me. plus a couple of miles warning up and down. very pleased with the reps as the slowest was 7.30 pace which is right on target. getting ready for a 10k in a few weeks time.