13yo girls complete 75km Hillary Trail in a day (Read 914 times)

Climbing Mt Ruapehu

Personal Race Records:

M 3:52:48 (Auckland 2011), HM 1:38:16 (Taupo 2010), 10km 45:05 (Sir Barry 2010), 5km 20:21 (How Pak 5km 2010)

2012 Goals:
    Run the 75km Hillary Trail in a day (done 10/3/2012)

Loves the outdoors

Impressive stuff Vino! Are they back to school tomorrow? They certainly deserve some pampering. Well done all of you.

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.

Climbing Mt Ruapehu

Yip back to school tomorrow.  They were in good shape and really they did the whole thing in third gear. Sleep, ice cream, pizza, spa and doing nothing all day today. Smile

Personal Race Records:

M 3:52:48 (Auckland 2011), HM 1:38:16 (Taupo 2010), 10km 45:05 (Sir Barry 2010), 5km 20:21 (How Pak 5km 2010)

2012 Goals:
        Run the 75km Hillary Trail in a day (done 10/3/2012)

jpdeaux

That's pretty great. Did you reach your own 2012 goal while acting as videographer?

BeeRunB

Great accomplishment by the twins. Tell them I said congrats on their amazing achievement.

Great video. Well done.

--JimmyCool

Wow, that looks like a good use of a day!  Nice taste in tunes, too.

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

drrbradford

Wow. That's pretty fucking good.

L Train

Good stuff!

MrH

Hopefully the kids will get some press coverage and talk about how lazy older generations are, spending all their time watching reality TV and whining on Facebook.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Spectacular Vino!

I must say I thought this was a very tough goal you all set yourselves, really well done, esp. the girls!

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.