Running Ahead Isn't just for (Read 747 times)

2 leggers. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I *heart* Loki! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

We've decided that Loki is the PERFECT name for him. He's definetly been living up to it lol

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

madness baby

So how many miles was he logging? Wink
          deb
            Nice cat. Smile What kind of diet and exercise program you have him on? From your forum picture it looks like he's doing some Greco-Roman Wrestling with the dog... are they in the same weight class? modal (a guy who has a thing for felines and still misses his cat Cry... she died )

Vim

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

modal (a guy who has a thing for felines and still misses his cat Cry... she died )
              I'm so sorry. Last Sat. marked the 1 year anniversary of the death of our Gus. A lot of RA folks probably remember what a wreck I was last Summer as we watched him fade. Kitty people are the best. Pam, your avatar is so awesome...look at what buddies your babies are, already! Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

PWL

Has been

I'm so sorry. Last Sat. marked the 1 year anniversary of the death of our Gus. A lot of RA folks probably remember what a wreck I was last Summer as we watched him fade. Kitty people are the best. k
                We lost our Maine Coon in March. I was so sad--he lay down on the floor of our bathroom and stopped moving one day. We drove him all over New England to find out what his issue was. They ended up saying that he had some infectious tumor that burst in his abdomen combined with leukemia and something else. We had to put him down. Cry He was an absolute sweetheart -- 20lbs of huggable love was Fezzik!

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh...a black and white Maine Coon?! That's like the perfect cat ever!!! He looks like a long-haired version of one of my childhood kitties, Oreo. Oreo was a cool cat. Lived out the last half of his life with only 3 legs...attacked by a neighbor dog. As a result I won't declaw my cats OR let them outdoors. This was our Gus: As you can see he wasn't all that old when he died. Years ago he had some weird little paralysis issues that went away. Then last Summer he started having issues peeing all over the house--and we noticed blood. Had him treated for bladder issues several times, but the issues were still there. The vet put him on a small dose of valium, since we thought some of the issues were due to the high number of stray cats coming into our yard and stressing our indoor cats out. At first the valium worked really well...then suddenly it seemed to work TOO well, so we stopped...but he never got better. Coincidentally he had a stroke. The vet also thought he possibly had a bladder tumor, so he was just not long for this world. We scheduled to have him put down on a Friday AM, so we let him have free run of the house his last night (we'd kept him confined to the bathroom for his safety and because in his last week he had NO bladder control...wasn't eating or drinking--it was awful to watch). When I woke that morning I just *knew* he was already gone. I found his still warm body just a few inches from where we kept his food dish and just a few feet from where he had been laying (by his water) when we went to bed that night. Broke our hearts, but I was so glad that he died "with us," instead of in a bright, sterile, scary vets office. I am already dreading the deaths of our 3 remaining kitties--particularly my Thor. I'm gonna be a wreck.

~ Sarah Kay

So how many miles was he logging? Wink
                    Funny thing, there was a user named Loki on at the time lol

Nice cat. Smile What kind of diet and exercise program you have him on? From your forum picture it looks like he's doing some Greco-Roman Wrestling with the dog... are they in the same weight class? modal (a guy who has a thing for felines and still misses his cat Cry... she died )
                      Our 7 month old puppy has decided that Loki is her puppy. Her mothering instincts have kicked in full force. They slept together last night and even shared breakfast (just a few bites together) So sorry for your Loss Tim!! ((((HUGS)))). I know how hard it is when you lose a precious pet. Took me 4 years to get another puppy and almost 7 years to get another cat.

We lost our Maine Coon in March. I was so sad--he lay down on the floor of our bathroom and stopped moving one day. We drove him all over New England to find out what his issue was. They ended up saying that he had some infectious tumor that burst in his abdomen combined with leukemia and something else. We had to put him down. Cry He was an absolute sweetheart -- 20lbs of huggable love was Fezzik!
                        What a cutie!!! (((hugs))) Peter!

Oh...a black and white Maine Coon?! That's like the perfect cat ever!!! He looks like a long-haired version of one of my childhood kitties, Oreo. Oreo was a cool cat. Lived out the last half of his life with only 3 legs...attacked by a neighbor dog. As a result I won't declaw my cats OR let them outdoors. This was our Gus: As you can see he wasn't all that old when he died. Years ago he had some weird little paralysis issues that went away. Then last Summer he started having issues peeing all over the house--and we noticed blood. Had him treated for bladder issues several times, but the issues were still there. The vet put him on a small dose of valium, since we thought some of the issues were due to the high number of stray cats coming into our yard and stressing our indoor cats out. At first the valium worked really well...then suddenly it seemed to work TOO well, so we stopped...but he never got better. Coincidentally he had a stroke. The vet also thought he possibly had a bladder tumor, so he was just not long for this world. We scheduled to have him put down on a Friday AM, so we let him have free run of the house his last night (we'd kept him confined to the bathroom for his safety and because in his last week he had NO bladder control...wasn't eating or drinking--it was awful to watch). When I woke that morning I just *knew* he was already gone. I found his still warm body just a few inches from where we kept his food dish and just a few feet from where he had been laying (by his water) when we went to bed that night. Broke our hearts, but I was so glad that he died "with us," instead of in a bright, sterile, scary vets office. I am already dreading the deaths of our 3 remaining kitties--particularly my Thor. I'm gonna be a wreck.
                          ((((HUGS)))) Kirsten!! So glad he was at home as well when he passed on!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

((((HUGS)))) Kirsten!! So glad he was at home as well when he passed on!
                            Thanks, Pam. It really put us so much more at peace with his death. We still have his ashes and eventually want to make a little garden stepping stone memorial with his ashes mixed into the concrete. k

~ Sarah Kay