Multi-Quote reply (Read 109 times)

Interval Junkie --Nobby

vBulletin has a nice feature where you can select all the posts (on a page) that you want to reply to, and it will quote each in your response.  I usually do this by hand in a rather clumsy fashion, but it would be a handy UI feature.

2016 Goals: Lose the 10lbs I gained for not having goals

DavePNW

If we are going to address multi-quoting, it would be nice to be able to do it at all in iOS. Copy/paste removes the quote box. IIRC, this used to work, but went away when we switched to the current version of the editor.

Dave

What the what? That's a multi-what reply.

Interval Junkie --Nobby

^ see that?  What if I want to reply to both DavePNW and you in the same post?  Wouldn't it be nice if I could easily quote you both like the above?  See below.

If we are going to address multi-quoting, it would be nice to be able to do it at all in iOS. Copy/paste removes the quote box. IIRC, this used to work, but went away when we switched to the current version of the editor.

^ I did that manually by loading another browser tab, hitting quote-reply on Dave's post.  Copy and Paste the text into this post.  Instead, it would be nice to just check the both posts and hit "multi-reply" as you can do in vBulletin.

Not earth shattering.  Just nice.

2016 Goals: Lose the 10lbs I gained for not having goals

DavePNW

^ I did that manually by loading another browser tab, hitting quote-reply on Dave's post.  Copy and Paste the text into this post.  

Does not work on iPhone/iPad.

Dave

Prince of Fatness

Does not work on iPhone/iPad.

Yeah you can grab the HTML using the Source Code button, but that is a real pain to do on the iPhone.  I find that the pop up boxes that the editor uses don't size very easily when I'm on my phone.

Semi-back-at-it. 

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

vBulletin has a nice feature where

Uhoh.

you can select all the posts (on a page) that you want to reply to,

What about those of us

and it will quote each in your response.

who are mentally overwhelmed by more than

I usually do this by hand in a rather clumsy fashion,

one quote?

but it would be a handy UI feature.

What about us?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Unfortunate Miles

^ see that?  What if I want to reply to both DavePNW and you in the same post?  Wouldn't it be nice if I could easily quote you both like the above?  See below.

Man, ya gotta multi-quote like a boss.

Unfortunate Miles

Man, ya gotta multi-quote like a boss.

Or don't. See what I care.

I'm still waiting for somebody to say something interesting enough to quote.

Sit on a potato pan, Otis.

No more marathons

Well, that may be it.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Don't feel limited to what people actually posted...

https://xkcd.com/1807/ (Imagine a picture here--Trent will demonstrate momentarily)

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.