What July 4th Races is everyone doing? (Read 1074 times)

JerryBZA

Runs with the pack

I couldn't decide if I wanted to do the Firecracker 5K in Anaheim Hills near my house or run the Surf City 5K in Huntington Beach. I've run the Surf City 5K before and it's a really cool run but draws a pretty large field. Then I looked at the 2006 results from the AH 5K. Mmmm, based on last years times I might have a shot to podium in my age group! Hehe, I signed up for a shot to snipe a ribbon at the AH run. Evil grin
      I amLooking at doing the RAW 10K in Grapevine or the Ryan Run 5K in Fort Worth, TX (http://www.fwrunco.com/RyanRun/index.htm).

Vim

Running the Arbutus Firecracker 10K ... cute little local race, neighbors put sprinklers out, post race watermelon -- what more can you ask for? Wink
        2009: BQ?

Imminent Catastrophe

Peachtree!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Go Pre!

Our Canadian equivalent of July 4 is Canada's Birthday of July 1...so this will be a nice long weekend for us. This Sunday there is a Nation wide run supporting Canadian Olympic athletes. We will be running a 10K in a scenic national park near our summer-weekend place. Check out the shirts..dry fits with your bib printed on...cool ... hbc run for canada (modified to say, I don't know these ladies...was just looking for a shirt to picture for you Smile )
            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Running the Arbutus Firecracker 10K ... cute little local race, neighbors put sprinklers out, post race watermelon -- what more can you ask for? Wink
              Beer.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Firecracker 10K in Breckenridge, Co. Trail Race
                Runners around the state are getting better today ...are you one of them? TRAIN HARD

Wasatch Speedgoat

Silverton 10k in Silverton, Co. at 9318 feet above sea level Shocked

Life is short, play hard!

none Cry

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

none Cry
                      My ex JUST called me to ask if we were still running the 4th race and I had to tell him no. Sad But there will be others...

Michelle

PWL

Has been

10k race in Freeport--next town over. It's put on by LL Bean and starts and finishes right in front of their big flagship store downtown. Should be fun--will be my first 10k! Big grin

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

10k race in Freeport--next town over. It's put on by LL Bean and starts and finishes right in front of their big flagship store downtown. Should be fun--will be my first 10k! Big grin
                          I love the LL Bean flagship store. I fell asleep there in a tent at like 3am. Fortunately, my wife resisted the temptation to leave me there and go back to the hotel. Tongue

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Imminent Catastrophe

Silverton 10k in Silverton, Co. at 9318 feet above sea level Shocked
                            Wow, that must be a fast race, less air resistance, right? Big grin

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Wally & Leela

I'm still trainning for my 1st 10K...... so, I will just be doing the 4th of July 5K in Kaysville, Utah

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop. --Confucius

PWL

Has been

I love the LL Bean flagship store. I fell asleep there in a tent at like 3am. Fortunately, my wife resisted the temptation to leave me there and go back to the hotel. Tongue
                                That store was always the place to go when there was nothing else to do. If it was 3 AM and you didn't want to go home, you'd hit Beans. If it was Thanksgiving Day and you were sick of making idiot small talk with the extended family, you'd hit Beans. It's great; the store has only closed its doors twice since 1952--they don't even have locks on the doors anymore! Cool

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."