Christmas Eve - what's on the menu? (Read 354 times)

sugnim

Homemade tamales with red sauce, green rice with roasted corn & red peppers, spicy yam wedges, a cobbler made from home grown raspberries & a friend's homegrown peaches, and wine.

xor

Oh, and except for pickled things, this thread is making me almighty hungry.  YUM.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, and except for pickled things, this thread is making me almighty hungry.  YUM.

Me too...even with the pickled things...EAT ALL THE THINGS!!!

Except we have to go to plan B.  We just remembered that our favorite Chinese joint is always closed on Mondays.   Big grocery store 20 minutes away is open until 7, so DH just made a last minute trek out to scrounge something up.  Might do an assortment of petite filets and scallops or lobster tail.  Rugrat just wants a frozen pizza. Black eye

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Informal "finger food" buffet at the inlaws, but they wouldn't let me come unless I brought my lobster mac & cheese Smile

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This whole lobster + cheese combo is killing me...I must have it!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

We always cook with wine.  Sometimes it's an ingredient in what we're cooking, too.

Tamales have become a Christmas Eve tradition, because we make a run to the Mexican shop to pick up chorizo for Christmas Day paella, and, well tamales are there and delicious.

Menace to Sobriety

Barbecue  (the noun, not the verb)

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Eggs, sausages and toast.

Laying low tonight before tomorrow's food fest.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Not really a "formal sit-down," but we'll be with my father-in-law's family, and it's usually some kind of casual fare.  Taco salad, hot dogs, that kind of thing.  Which I have zero problem with.  I don't know if it's because I finally got around to reading (well, listening to) Dickens' "A Christmas Carol" this year, but I am just looking forward to hanging out with family more than usual.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

not lazy, just tired

Everything sounds delicious, but especially the steamers, lobster, cheese soufflé. Being part Swedish, I do love pickled herring. It's just DH, me, and our three sons here. We're having chicken breasts rolled around stuffing, mushrooms and dried cranberries, wild rice, and sugar snap peas. Home made cookies and ice cream with hot fudge or butterscotch sauce for dessert.

Not if it makes sense.

Pizza's on its way, beer cracked open, watching King of the Hill. We'll open gifts later.

This whole lobster + cheese combo is killing me...I must have it!

Added a couple (okay, several) splashes of brandy to the cheese sauce; it's divine!

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Leftovers today (since I won't be around to eat them tomorrow) ... cold sliced tenderloin, followed by salmon with lemon-butter sauce and half an avocado with macadamia oil. (A pathetic, motley assortment, but WTH? I'm a bachelorette!)

Liz

pace sera, sera

1st time w/o our adult kids  (23, 25).  youngest moved out just this last Sat.    so Papa Murphy's Pizza for wife & I.  will have kids here for Christmas dinner.  yeah!

Hill Slug

Steak tacos!

All time PR:  1:20 HM. 2:49 M

2013 goal:  Master's PR HM  Recover from illness/finish the year strong

Rage, rage against the dying of the light