Loss of important land marks in my running routes with Upgrade to new Google Maps (Read 980 times)

Eric: I believe that with the latest upgrade of Google Mapping, I have lost one of my most valued running paths as far as keeping "track" of my courses....Our rails to trails path of 13+ miles has apparently been left off the latest mapping software from Google. Cry Cry Cry This is a path that runs from Bowling Green, OHIO to North Baltimore, OH. is no longer available. Any suggestions? Cry Cry Cry Orange Man

Orange Man and Eric.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just posted about this earlier. I'm really annoyed with Google right now. They now include piddly little streets in subdivisions, but our own rail trail is now completely gone. Sad k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

mikeymike

Gone from the satellite pictures too? Or just gone from the map? I have maps that run across grass parks, on unmarked bike paths, etc. I just zoom in and use the hybrid view and draw my routes wherever I want to go

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We have to zoom way out to get any satellite views of our area, unfortunately. Plus there's so much tree cover that it makes it hard to find the trail. Google can bite me. Sad Damn...I wish I had a Garmin.

~ Sarah Kay

va

Hmmm, this Google update is not all bad. Some of the Google maps of my neighborhood used to be inaccurate, but now they are correct. I have been waiting for this for a long time. On the other hand, there are some other new roads with new homes in my neighborhood which weren't there before and still aren't there.
              Now I know why I never used google maps!!! Either that, or maybe I couldn't ever figure out how to draw routes using google. Big grin
              "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "WOW... WHAT A RIDE!!!" Muskingum College XC
              va

huh Confused, I thought we were talking about the google maps used by RA?
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

huh Confused, I thought we were talking about the google maps used by RA?
                  Seems that the updates to the general Google Maps have affected RA's maps, too. I can't find the rail trails in our area on either. k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

*gasp* I was just playing with the USGS satellite mapping...that is the closest level satellite images I have ever found for our area and the images are quite clear--I can actually find most of the rail trail...WOOT!!! I'm going to start using that for mapping.

~ Sarah Kay

va

Hi Eric: Do you know what's up with the maps? It looks like we've gone back to the old version? Do you have control what version you get from Google? I created maps with the newer version, and now that they've gone back to the old version, the routes are on roads which don't exist (in the old version)... Confused
                      eric :)

Stephen, I have some control over the version of Google maps software the site uses. I checked the documentation again and saw that they now have a "stable" version option so I enabled it. It doesn't have the latest stuff in return for some stability. I don't have control over the actual images though. eric Smile
                          Eric: whatever you did on the google maps settings, thanks! OM Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

Orange Man and Eric.

eric :)

OM, I reverted to an older version of the Google API. I have no idea what it does other than it should have few bugs. If it's making a difference, then great!
                              dude, thanks. i was getting really annoyed w/ gmap-pedometer earlier this week (couldn't remember my RA password to log in on my brother's computer)-- all of a sudden my neighborhood is spotted with giant squares of "unmapped" zones that were mapped earlier this summer. ridiculous. reason #382957265 why RA is the best. thanks, thanks, thanks, eric.