Runaway Train Half Marathon in Dallas (Read 689 times)

Has anyone in the Dallas Fort Worth area on here run the Runaway Train Half Marathon in Dallas? I am contemplating signing up as it would be my first half marathon. Confused Here's a Link http://www.thrustonracing.com/calendar.html

Vim

You'll ruin your knees!

The Thruston races are usually well organized and go off like clockwork. It's been a while since I have done one of theirs, but the shirts are cotton T's and I don't remember what the finisher award was. It will be run at White Rock Lake, nice place to run, mostly flat unless they get off the lakeshore. I don't know what course they plan, but it is probably an out and back. There will be a good crowd there, but it is still a small race...probably less than 300. 1:24 won the men's division last year (1:27 the men's masters). Their races feel kind of like club races more than open road races. Be sure and give us a report on how it goes if you decide to do it. Good luck, Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Lynn B, This morning I ran the Runaway Train Half Marathon in Dallas, which was my first half marathon. My pace was around a 9 1/2 minute/mile pace. I could of pushed it harder, but my goal was just to complete the distance with a pace between 10-11 minute miles. Thanks for the earlier feedback on the Thruston races. Those folks give out lots of medals. The top 5 per division get a medal! In fact, I got another medal for my division outside of the medal they give to everyone who finishes under 3:00. I'll post more in a "too much information" style posting later. modal (who is feeling it in his knees)

Vim

Way to go, Modal! Congrats!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Wow, congrats! Nice race Smile
            2009: BQ?