Dr. Poon Diet (Read 1855 times)

xor

I used to interview people all the time at the borg who graduated from The University of Poona in India (I think it has a different name now).  These candidates were strong and all were motivated and it was soooo hard to keep a straight face.

If Dr Poon came from the University of Poona, I would buy into what is being said.

Next weekend, I will be visiting the Puna district of the big island of Hawai'i, but that is neither here nor there.

Dr Poon is everywhere.

As for the Poon Diet:

Lots, mostly easy, some fast.

xor

What kind of name is Poon, anyway?

Comanche Indian!

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Comanche Indian!

Nice.  I've been wondering whether my Fletch love was ever gonna get reciprocated.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Has anyone ever heard of this diet?  The first week of the diet, you eat only Vegetables and Protein.

http://www.poondiet.com/.

Personally I'm skeptical of all of these "diets". I'm from the old school. Eat right and excercise regularly. Eating right doesn't mean eliminating certain foods from your diet. It means eating a balanced diet from all 4 food groups. If we were meant to only eat Vegetables, we'd be Rabbit's. Sadly our society is becoming too dependant on quick fixes. To me that's what this is.

I've been on a similar diet for the last year, not to lose weight but to manage G.I. issues (I can't readily digest carbs).  You would lose weight, but you'll also feel like CRAP.  Running is very difficult when you're not eating enough carbs.  You also feel a bit hazy.  I would not recommend the diet ... much better to eat a balanced sensible diet, and if you have trouble losing weight just cut back a little.

xor

Nice.  I've been wondering whether my Fletch love was ever gonna get reciprocated.

Sorry, I was busy early.  Pacific Timezone thang or I would have been right there for you.

Who needs Dr Poon when you can have Dr Cocktozen.

No wait.  That didn't come out right at all.

C-R

Sorry, I was busy early.  Pacific Timezone thang or I would have been right there for you.

Who needs Dr Poon when you can have Dr Cocktozen.

No wait.  That didn't come out right at all.

I think you were looking for Dr. Rosen. I mean Dr. Rosenrosen. Or Dr. Rosenheimer. You know in the records room. Because old Doc Jellyfinger just wasn't talking.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Do you have The Beatles' White Album? Never mind. Get me a glass of hot fat. And bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

xor

Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

(I am going to incorporate this line into my snappy patter)

C-R

You boys must need a refresher course. Its all ball bearings these days.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

You and your wife are currently alive, I take it?

mikeymike

I approve of the switch from Top Gun to Fletch, another fine comedy.  To celebrate lets order some drinks, and put it on the Underhill's bill.

Runners run

HermosaBoy

How's the Lobster Thermador?

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Prince of Fatness

Look!  Defenseless babies!

Not at it at all. 

But back to the OP. Are you allowed to drink Tang on the poon diet?

But back to the OP. Are you allowed to drink Tang on the poon diet?

I read somewhere in the poon literature it has to be freshly squeezed tang. Nobody likes old stale tang...