So, like...I married a weirdo. (Read 1633 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

See.

Someday I need one of those, too.  First I need a regular mountain bike ('cause my 11 year old has taken over my 1-size-too-small-for-me mountain bike).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

an amazing likeness

Well...at least you care enough to notice. Indiffernce is a killer.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

A Saucy Wench

That's gonna take some good chain lube.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That's gonna take some good chain lube.

Yeah, he realized after the fact that he's going to have to totally redo all the cables...but he says it was totally worth it! Tongue It was hilarious eavesdropping on the conversations on the beach as he was riding around out there.  People were all "WTF, there's a BIKE IN the lake!"  Then people were stopping to ask him about it.

~ Sarah Kay

You'll ruin your knees!

Well, at least you've got that married a weirdo thing in common, now don't'cha

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Well, at least you've got that married a weirdo thing in common, now don't'cha

Ha, I was wondering how long it would take for someone to jump on that. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Am I doing this right?

That looks like a ton of fun.  

My kind of weird.

No excuses....

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That looks like a ton of fun.  

My kind of weird.

I got to ride one of those bikes once this Winter...unfortunately there was hardly any snow.  But it floated right over the snow and sand we encountered.  Not fast, but really fun and stable.

~ Sarah Kay

Why is it sideways?

I used to mountain bike a lot when I was a kid. We built a ramp into a little pond back in the woods where we used to ride, and in the summer we would jump our bikes into the pond. The water would catch the wheels, slow the bike down pretty suddenly, and you could do a flip over the handlebars. Not the same thing, but this reminded me of that.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...I should suggest the ramp possibility to DH.  There is a pier at that beach.  DS thinks his dad should just ride off the pier.  The bike floats, so it's not like he'd lose it at the bottom of Lake MI! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

npaden

After spending too much time searching for our bikes at the bottom of a muddy creek that we jumped them into as kids, we started putting life jackets on them.  Worked pretty good.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

After spending too much time searching for our bikes at the bottom of a muddy creek that we jumped them into as kids, we started putting life jackets on them.  Worked pretty good.

DS actually used DH's childhood bike until he outgrew it.  I have no doubts that that thing would sink like a rock.  I don't think the tubes on that thing were even hollow steel...they felt like steel filled with concrete.  And the wheels were tanks, too.

~ Sarah Kay

Cool Jump Suit

That does look like fun.  Maybe a cross-training workout?  I did the same thing as Jeff as a kid.  The ramp idea looked a lot cooler than what it ended up being.  That's life....

So bittersweet,
                            This tragedy
                            Won't ask for absolution;
                            This melody,
                            Inside of me,
                            Still searches for solution.
                            A twist of faith,
                            A change of heart
                            Cures my infatuation.
                            A broken heart, 
                            Provides the spark
                            For my determination.

You are married to a weirdo, but mostly it just made me wish I lived near a beach right now.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The beach is pretty damned nice.  The water was near 80, last night...which felt good, since the air temps were at least 15 degrees warmer, even near sunset.

~ Sarah Kay